GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/24/2023 10:58 am  #261

Re: 2023 Transfer Portal Szn

Free Quebec wrote:

If we could actually land Buchanan and Zamoku Weluchr-Ume, to go along with Schroder and Johnson, we’d have incredible size on the wings with 4 guys 6’7” or 6’”8 who play wing. And massoud would give great spacing for Bishop, Max, and the wings.

Probably too much to ask to land them all, though.

Keep your fingers crossed. It is not impossible that we hit a trifecta here.

4/24/2023 11:13 am  #262

GWRising wrote:

Free Quebec wrote:

If we could actually land Buchanan and Zamoku Weluchr-Ume, to go along with Schroder and Johnson, we’d have incredible size on the wings with 4 guys 6’7” or 6’”8 who play wing. And massoud would give great spacing for Bishop, Max, and the wings.

Probably too much to ask to land them all, though.

Keep your fingers crossed. It is not impossible that we hit a trifecta here.

My fingers are crossed

4/24/2023 12:28 pm  #263

I don't gamble.  What do you call it when you get four things right?

Mike Hall filling in the staff vacancy?
MH@_Michaelinho[/url] GDubb!!![url=https://t.co/fCVLvgRrPY] 12:55pm · 24 Apr 2023 · Twitter for iPhone4Likes

4/24/2023 12:50 pm  #264

Now that would be great

4/24/2023 1:10 pm  #265

BM wrote:

I don't gamble.  What do you call it when you get four things right?

Mike Hall filling in the staff vacancy?
MH@_Michaelinho[/url] GDubb!!![url=https://t.co/fCVLvgRrPY] 12:55pm · 24 Apr 2023 · Twitter for iPhone4Likes

Possible that he could be here to help with the Massoud visit. Massoud has been spotted on campus talking with coaches. 

4/24/2023 2:10 pm  #266

There's a lot of logic behind this.
 The Mike Hall visit is great. Mike made it to the NBA from GW, has a degree, also made all sorts of money overseas and works for the Knicks. One day joining the staff or just helping with recruits means a lot.
    All of these recruits make sense. We are great with foreign players in a great international city. Mike Hall's teammate Pops shows what we can do for our talented visitor, Zamoku, who played in Great Britain.
 Mr. Buchanan was a good fit for GW out of high school and is now a great fit. We have unlimited playing time at his position.
   Ish Massoud can just ask Max what GW and Coach Caputo did for him after K State.
And any transfers can see what GW and Caputo did this year for James Bishop, Max. Brendan Adams and Ricky Double-Double Lindo.
     We have a huge amount of playing time, a coach who was a major factor into building two teams, including Miami this year into Final Four teams, and coached numerous players into the NBA where he has strong contacts.
   It just makes sense if these fine recruits make the smart decision for themselves at GW. 
There's a real opportunity to build a powerhouse team next year.

4/24/2023 3:28 pm  #267

I watched Kansas State in the NCAA Tourney; Massoud is a big-time 3 point shooter!

4/25/2023 12:59 pm  #268

Gapare is heading to Georgia Tech. It will be interesting to see what he and Hobbs are able to do in Atlanta. Despite the talent in the state the flagship schools haven't been too good in basketball recently but I do like what Stoudamire did at Pacific a few years back.

4/25/2023 1:31 pm  #269

Gapare obviously has lots of potential and may indeed achieve it.
But once again, how does this make sense?
Averaged 3.4 points and 2.1 rebounds at UMass and played just 12.3 minutes a game.
That's a resume to be in a better position by moving to the ACC?

4/26/2023 4:52 pm  #270

Perhaps BM or someone else can help me with the proper formatting in the recruits section.  Geronimo is apparently visiting both GW and Georgetown shortly.  Largely a bench player for Indiana, Jordan had a double-double against the Badgers as well as a 13 point, 8 rebound, 3 blocked shot performance at Illinois while starting for an injured Race Thompson.

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/basketball/indiana-basketball-forward-jordan-geronimo-enters-transfer-portal#:~:text=Geronimo%2C%20a%206%2Dfoot%2D,point%20attempts%2C%20or%2031.0%20percent.

4/26/2023 5:06 pm  #271

Gwmayhem I'm not sure where you got the GW info but this is what I found

I see some speculating he visited Maryland and also Georgetown.
Then I saw this on twitter. No idea who this person is (other than an IU fan) so take it with a grain of salt

TRYME77
@TRYME772
·
22h
Looks like the 3 main teams are Maryland, George Washington, and Boston University. Might be on a visit to GWU right now

Last edited by Florida Colonial (4/26/2023 5:13 pm)

4/26/2023 5:23 pm  #272

He can play. And I think he’s a better shooter than the 31% 3pt shooting percentage suggests. 

I really like all the names we are being linked to (only one I wasn’t sold on was the French guy who is going to George Mason).

4/26/2023 6:59 pm  #273

Free Quebec was not sold on the French guy? Okay.

4/26/2023 7:58 pm  #274

Any interest in an 8th Year senior from Bowie?

@247HSHoops
Cal guard DeJuan Clayton is entering the transfer portal, per a source.

Clayton began his college career in 2016-17, playing parts of five seasons at Coppin State. He played two games at Hartford in 21-22 and eight games for Cal in 22-23.

He averaged 9.2PPG, 2.9APG and 1.9RPG last season.

4/26/2023 9:24 pm  #275

chrisw wrote:

Good one!

4/27/2023 9:49 am  #276

chrisw wrote:

Well played.

4/27/2023 10:11 am  #277

I needed some humor this morning. 

4/27/2023 11:10 am  #278

Florida Colonial wrote:

Then I saw this on twitter. No idea who this person is (other than an IU fan) so take it with a grain of salt

TRYME77
@TRYME772
·
22h
Looks like the 3 main teams are Maryland, George Washington, and Boston University. Might be on a visit to GWU right now

Florida Colonial, regarding the Geronimo visit, I had a solid source for this one.  I don't believe this had been widely circulated to my knowledge. He is 6'6", a good rebounding small forward.  I think he would be a great fit.  4 star ranking out of high school, for what that's worth.  Two years of remaining eligibility.

4/27/2023 11:19 am  #279

Gwmayhem wrote:

Florida Colonial wrote:

TRYME77
@TRYME772
·
22h

Florida Colonial, regarding the Geronimo visit, I had a solid source for this one.  I don't believe this had been widely circulated to my knowledge. He is 6'6", a good rebounding small forward.  I think he would be a great fit.  4 star ranking out of high school, for what that's worth.  Two years of remaining eligibility.

Thanks. Appreciate the info

4/27/2023 12:13 pm  #280

Between Massoud, Foster, Weluche-Ume, Geronimo, and Buchanan I keep hoping I’ll see some news when I come here.

Board footera