GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/17/2024 11:51 am  #1

2024 schedule

MTE is set: Paradise Jam in Virgin Islands- Nov 21-26

UAB, Kansas State, McNeese, Illinois State, Liberty among the teams 

https://twitter.com/RothsteinAbe/status/1780623301821321357

4/17/2024 2:10 pm  #2

Re: 2024 schedule

A tournament we've heard of!
My standards are is the tournament in a middle school gym and on Flo Hoops or
not? This one may at least be on ESPN+

4/17/2024 2:52 pm  #3

Based on what's available on the website, games were on ESPN+ last year, and the gym is at least a HS, if not a low major college gym, so an upgrade all around https://basketballtravelers.com/mens-paradise-jam/

4/17/2024 2:53 pm  #4

jf wrote:

Laughed out loud at the Flo Hoops reference.

4/18/2024 1:12 pm  #5

Long Suffering Fan wrote:

jf wrote:

Laughed out loud at the Flo Hoops reference.

Times really have changed. Used to be a "good" schedule was one that included a game or two on TV. Now a "good" schedule is one that allows us to stream all games without having to deal with FloSports! Actually, I have no problem with "zero games on FloSports" as a baseline metric.

Yesterday 10:56 am  #6

Rocco Miller
@RoccoMiller8
·
12m
Davidson will host VMI as part of its 24-25 non-conference schedule, per sources.  The date is set for Friday, November 22nd inside Belk Arena.  

Additionally, George Washington will host VMI on Friday, November 29th inside the Smith Center.  

Yesterday 2:16 pm  #7

Florida Colonial wrote:

Rocco Miller
@RoccoMiller8
·
12m
Davidson will host VMI as part of its 24-25 non-conference schedule, per sources.  The date is set for Friday, November 22nd inside Belk Arena.  

Additionally, George Washington will host VMI on Friday, November 29th inside the Smith Center.  

Hard to imagine a huge crowd for that one that Friday after Thanksgiving...

Yesterday 2:51 pm  #8

Please let us have an improved schedule over the last 3 years.
I can't stomach all the NCAA at-large bid talk after running through our D-2 and low D-1 schedule only to come in dead last in our conference!

Today 9:58 am  #9

Joel Joseph wrote:

I can't stomach all the NCAA at-large bid talk after running through our D-2 and low D-1 schedule only to come in dead last in our conference!

Other than the Dude (who you can't take seriously), who was talking at-large bid here this past season?

Today 10:49 am  #10

GWRising wrote:

Joel Joseph wrote:

Other than the Dude (who you can't take seriously), who was talking at-large bid here this past season?

Doesn't really matter what our noncon schedule looks like until we can win our league road games (and our home games, too!). 

After the last few seasons, I would be just fine having the pundits all saying in March that our non-league schedule wasn't tough enough to be considered for the NCAA Tourney.  You know why?  Because that would mean we've been a top 4 A-10 team and we're ready to take the next step.

You have to walk before you run.  And right now we're talented but we've got a proverbial bum knee in one leg and a sprained ankle in the other.  We can heal from those injuries, right? 

And then...let's go.

Board footera