GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/06/2021 3:38 pm  #21

Re: GW vs UMASS Game Thread

Just when you thought the outgoing president couldn't ruin anything else.....

Who are we kidding?  Of course he can, and will.

1/06/2021 4:05 pm  #22

Dimestore dictator. Come get your mute blowjob son-in-law, your stupid sons and your incest victim daughter and GFTOH.

1/06/2021 4:13 pm  #23

Truly hope the Umass team is safe in their hotel. I imagine the only people with hotel rooms in DC tonight are Umass men's basketball and the terrorists at the capitol.

1/06/2021 4:20 pm  #24

Looks like the went back to Amherst, as they should

1/06/2021 4:36 pm  #25

Worst. D.C. Trip. Ever.

Stay safe everyone. I know posters here work on The Hill and in different national security agencies and hope all get out of this OK and ready to cheer on GW when conditions allow.

1/06/2021 5:35 pm  #26

I can be one snarky MFer, but for now.... DMV-ers, please stay safe. 

1/06/2021 5:38 pm  #27

Great sentiment GWAA.  Hoping that everyone stays safe.

1/06/2021 7:15 pm  #28

I hope everyone at GW staying safe. I'm so sad at what I witnessed today, although I am not surprised.  And it pains me to say this, but I am so relieved that I didn't see too many people of color breaking into and looting the Capitol. That would have set us back a century.  God help us all.

1/06/2021 8:31 pm  #29

In my 50 years of suffering, I am sure that there must have been other game postponements at the Smith Center or Fort Meyer, but damn if I can come up with any., even for snow.  Can someone refresh my recollection?0

1/06/2021 8:46 pm  #30

LSF, when I worked for GW Athletics, one of my roles was as the event supervisor for all of the sporting events.  There was a horrific blizzard and everything in town was closed down.  Vehicles couldn't get in to town.  But the teams were on campus, and I and a skeleton crew ran the event for the students who trekked in and a few hearty season ticket holders.

Cannot for the life of me remember when this happened, but the game had to go on.

As for today, I am glad it was cancelled, both for safety and for not being tone-deaf to what happened (and is happening).  

Be safe everyone.

1/06/2021 8:58 pm  #31

BGF wrote:

LSF, when I worked for GW Athletics, one of my roles was as the event supervisor for all of the sporting events.  There was a horrific blizzard and everything in town was closed down.  Vehicles couldn't get in to town.  But the teams were on campus, and I and a skeleton crew ran the event for the students who trekked in and a few hearty season ticket holders.

Cannot for the life of me remember when this happened, but the game had to go on.

As for today, I am glad it was cancelled, both for safety and for not being tone-deaf to what happened (and is happening).  

Be safe everyone.

It was a URI game I believe in the mid 1990s.

1/06/2021 9:49 pm  #32

I actually remember attending that game. I went to work that day, then headed to the game. Ck remember that the ride home wasn’t too bad.   No cars on the road.

1/07/2021 6:44 am  #33

1/07/2021 7:11 am  #34

Another article, this time from Albany, with quotes from JC: https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Capitol-violence-hits-close-to-home-for-former-15851930.php

Last edited by GW0509 (1/07/2021 7:12 am)

1/07/2021 11:26 am  #35

Strange happenings here. In 1971,  if there was any large group getting near those buildings breached yesterday,  not only the Capital Police but the CDC were on your back clubbing away. If any of you guys remember the Civil Disorder Units that were unleashes at that time you know what I mean. But then again those crowds in the early 70"s were huge compared to what I saw yesterday.  

1/07/2021 1:21 pm  #36

My guess is this game is played Sunday January 31st the day after UMass plays @ Mason

Last edited by GW18 (1/07/2021 1:21 pm)

1/07/2021 5:22 pm  #37

Mentzinger wrote:

Dimestore dictator. Come get your mute blowjob son-in-law, your stupid sons and your incest victim daughter and GFTOH.

Metzinger, thank you for this post. While I wouldn't utter these words, I sometimes think similar thoughts about our current President and the family members you referred to. I am only sorry that you didn't include his current wife, who I feel must also be complicit in his crimes.  Once he leaves the WH, I hope he is quiet, so I never think things like this again about the President of the United States of America.  

1/09/2021 6:10 pm  #38

Board footera