GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/04/2021 4:09 pm  #1

Women vs Fordham at 5 ET

As xAC pointed out, this game will be a real measure of the teams progress.   Fordham is 11-3 (8-2). 

3/04/2021 5:49 pm  #2

Re: Women vs Fordham at 5 ET

In a mighty display of offense GW leads at the half 21-20.  Haven't been watching the entire time, but it appears that both teams have lots of TOs.  Neither team hitting their 3pt shots.

3/04/2021 6:57 pm  #3

GW blew it in the 4th qtr including 2 technicals with 1 minute to go.  Lose 43-48.

3/04/2021 8:25 pm  #4

I will admit that I watched the men´s tournament game instead of this (mostly) meaningless non-conf tilt against a conference foe. HOWEVER, I see the evil shooting twin played today and the team went an impressive 1-10 from behind the three-point line. The team shot 15-33 inside the arc, so why in f-ing f´s sake are they taking so many shots from a range that they are not making? 18 turnovers did not help, either.
Now we know that this team is better than the conference´s dregs, but is off a ways from the top of the ladder. 

3/04/2021 9:47 pm  #5

Fordham has won 8 A10 games (now 9) despite missing over a month of pause time, and averaged 77 points a game in their last 4. They have the top scorer in the league by a long shot (DeWolfe), averaging 22.1 PPG. So this is a pretty good team.

This was a game GW could have won except for a 6 minute drought in the 4th quarter, but despite the loss, it was very competitive, with the two best defenses in the A10 grinding it out, and Fordham able to maintain their focus for all 4 quarters.

Once again, the defense was good. We held Fordham to 48 points, 4-18 from beyond the arc, and forced 19 TOs. Whitney also checked DeWolfe, holding her to 3-14 from the field. 

The offense was not terrible, but we missed too many layups (some of the forced variety), and had too many unnecessary turnovers. Give credit to Fordham's defense. They played us tight in the half court and forced a lot of tough shots with the clock winding down.

I hope we can beat GMU for a third time, because our second round game would be with Richmond, who we could have beaten earlier this year when we weren't playing particularly well. Regardless, at least the team is ending the season playing a lot better than it started. 

Last edited by xAC (3/04/2021 11:12 pm)

Board footera