GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/02/2021 10:13 am  #61

Re: Recruit: Brayon Freeman, Guard, 2021 - Committed to GW!!

Thanks for those links, BM.  The best part of the highlights is how Freeman seemed  to really make the defense pay for jumping the ball screen. Very quick to beat it and creative, under control finishing.  That’s a good sign for his ability to fit in JC’s system.  Also liked that he took over the game down the stretch to lead his team to the win.

Also, that guy Jayden Epps just got an offer from Kansas.  He looks like a future star.  Very impressive.

3/06/2021 1:02 pm  #62

Bray's NCA squad is taking on Westtown at 1:30 PM ET. You can watch him play here: https://events.locallive.tv/events/47705

4/05/2021 7:57 am  #63

Brayon went off in the second half, especially late. Saw some nice pressure defense after the half as well.

4/05/2021 8:52 am  #64

Am still wondering despite all of this team's recent moves whether Brayon will be ready to be GW's starting point guard from Day 1.  He has led some very high profile prep school teams and has also excelled in AAU play.  While it's easy to conclude that he will only be a freshman and will subsequently have his turn, Brayon appears to me to have the most natural point guard instincts on this team.  He can score and can get others involved in a fairly uncomplicated, sometimes effortless manner.  I wouldn't rule this possibility out.

4/05/2021 9:14 am  #65

Gwmayhem wrote:

Am still wondering despite all of this team's recent moves whether Brayon will be ready to be GW's starting point guard from Day 1.  He has led some very high profile prep school teams and has also excelled in AAU play.  While it's easy to conclude that he will only be a freshman and will subsequently have his turn, Brayon appears to me to have the most natural point guard instincts on this team.  He can score and can get others involved in a fairly uncomplicated, sometimes effortless manner.  I wouldn't rule this possibility out.

From what I can tell, that is the coaches’ thinking - or at least they hope he’s ready for that.

4/05/2021 9:49 am  #66

What I saw in the 2nd half and other videos and the other guards that we have in the roster, I beg for a high energy O/D with a 3 guard lineup that pushes the pace with a good steady rotation. For once let's teach a full 94 ft D. We need to get a team that is in condition to go 40 and who are stronger. Dean and Brown have to get stronger and add to their bag of moves, fakes and drop steps, otherwise we will see a ton of Lindo and Lee.

I have missed Amir. He along with Adams and Bamisile ask the questions of our A10 foes can't answer. Tyler, Bishop and Freeman have to keep defenders honest with their shooting from 3 to blow by them on the dribble. If Bishop could show the world something on his right??

2/13/2023 3:02 pm  #67

Just received a Verbal Commits update indicating that Brayon Freeman was dismissed from the URI Hoops team.

2/13/2023 3:07 pm  #68

Now being discussed on the Other Games Thread.

2/19/2023 7:15 pm  #69

After being dismissed from the URI team by Archie Miller, he's officially entered the transfer portal.

2/20/2023 1:54 pm  #70

2/20/2023 1:56 pm  #71

Rhode Island message board pretty interesting on this.

2/21/2023 7:37 am  #72

This was quite an entertaining read. There's some pretty crazy stuff about his dad towards the end

4/21/2023 2:44 pm  #73

Transferring to Coastal Carolina, reuniting with Nima Omidvar there.

Board footera