GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/29/2020 7:55 pm  #1

Recruit: Anthony "AJ" Williams, PG, 2021 - (Committed to UNCG)

Anthony "AJ" Williams
Year: 2021
Position: PG
Height: 6-3
Hometown: Richmond, VA
High School: Varina (Henrico, VA)
AAU Team: Team Loaded (VA)

Offers: Fordham, Hampton, James Madison, Mississippi, Old Dominion, Radford, Richmond, Tarleton State, Towson, UNC Greensboro, Virginia Tech

Links
247Sports
Prep Hoops
Twitter Account
Verbal Commits

GW Offer Tweet

Last edited by dmvpiranha (5/12/2021 3:26 pm)

3/01/2020 9:33 am  #2

Re: Recruit: Anthony "AJ" Williams, PG, 2021 - (Committed to UNCG)

Seems like he is improving and getting more attention.  6'3" and still growing.  

8/22/2020 10:23 am  #3

Love this guy's game. We have no spots left, but maybe something opens up down the line. He was AAU teammates with Brayon on Team Loaded, so maybe we can use that in our favor. He's likely to get good exposure moving over to Oak Hill.

Recruits Zone @recruitszone 24m 
2021 3-star PG AJ Williams tells me that Providence, Washington, George Washington, and Virginia Tech have contacted him recently (@aj_williams1). Recently announced that he would be transferring to Oak Hill Academy for his senior year.

4/09/2021 5:47 pm  #4

Top 7: GW, Hampton, Norfolk State, Ole Miss, Radford, Richmond, Virginia Tech

4/10/2021 7:46 am  #5

Do we really need another pg?

4/10/2021 9:05 am  #6

It's definitely not a priority, but AJ can really shoot the ball and that is an area we could shore up a bit more. I'm honestly surprised his stock didn't rise with the move to Oak Hill for his senior year. Thought more ACC schools would enter the mix. Given that list, it seems like he's leaning towards staying closer to home in VA. I don't think VT or Richmond's situation at the guard spot is much different from ours if he is looking for some immediate playing time.

Board footera