GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/29/2020 8:34 pm  #1

Transfer: Darren Buchanan, Forward, 2022 - Transferring from Va Tech

Darren Buchanan Jr.
Year: 2022
Position: SF
Height: 6-5
Hometown: Washington, DC
High School: Woodrow Wilson HS (Washington, DC)
AAU Team: Team Durant (DC)

Eligibility: Immediately eligible, four years to play.

Offers (out of high school): Akron, Bryant, Charlotte, Fordham, George Mason, Georgetown, Howard, Iona, James Madison, Loyola Chicago, North Texas, Northeastern, Pittsburgh, Radford, Rhode Island, Richmond, Rutgers, St. Bonaventure, Seton Hall, Towson, UMBC, UNC Greensboro, VCU, Virginia Tech, Xavier

Statistics: DNP at Virginia Tech (redshirt)

Links
DMVElite
HoopSeen
MaxPreps
Prep Hoops
Twitter Account
Verbal Commits
WaPo

GW Offer Tweet

Last edited by dmvpiranha (4/28/2023 2:27 pm)

7/12/2020 1:25 pm  #2

Re: Transfer: Darren Buchanan, Forward, 2022 - Transferring from Va Tech

Tyler Calvaruso @tyler_calvaruso
20h
2022 Woodrow Wilson (DC) & @teamdurantaau G/F Darren Buchanan (@jayy_showtime) tells me he has been hearing from Clemson, George Washington and Rhode Island the most lately.

Buchanan also holds offers from Bryant, North Texas and Seton Hall.

8/06/2020 12:11 pm  #3

Staff continuing to do work locally. Hopefully Lindo is putting in a good word as well.

Jacob Polacheck @JacobPolacheck 22h 
Class of 2022 forward Darren Buchanan says George Washington working the hardest.

Article: https://www.zagsblog.com/2020/08/05/class-of-2022-forward-darren-buchanan-says-george-washington-working-the-hardest/

8/06/2020 1:10 pm  #4

Interestingly, in the first paragraph, he's 6'7 and 228 lbs and in the third paragraph,  he's shrunk to 6'5 and 190.

Last edited by BC (8/06/2020 1:11 pm)

8/25/2020 12:09 am  #5

Tre Jackson @knowledge_hoops
9h
2022 3 ⭐️ Guard Darren Buchanan tells me that he’s heard from West Virginia , Rutgers, Maryland, and Akron recently.

He also tells me that George Washington and Rhode Island are prioritizing him the most.

@jayy_showtime @teamdurantaau @WHSTigerHoops

5/23/2021 6:53 am  #7

Colby Giacubeno @ColbyGHoops 6m 
‘22 Team Durant wing Darren Buchanan plans to take an unofficial visit to George Washington on June 4. Also in the works setting up potential visits with Georgia and VCU, he tells me. @PrepHoopsMD

6/07/2021 3:59 pm  #8

dbuchananjr2
@jayy_showtime
I enjoyed my visit at George Washington Yesterday ! I would like to thank coach Christian and the rest of the staff for having me and my family 🙏🏽 #WMPC

Jamion Christian 🇺🇸
3:38pm · 7 Jun 2021 · Twitter for iPhone

6/07/2021 4:29 pm  #9

This dude looks legit, would be a great addition

9/09/2021 9:31 am  #10

Buchanan is a top target for us in 2022. He took an unofficial visit here earlier in the summer as well as Rutgers.

Jacob Polacheck @JacobPolacheck 21m
George Washington will be in today for 2022 three-star forward Darren Buchanan, per source. Buchanan is ranked by @247Sports as the No. 3 prospect out of D.C.

9/09/2021 11:02 am  #11

This is commit I'm really hoping for.  To get him after getting Freeman will be a big statement about the type of local kid we can get to stay home

9/09/2021 12:26 pm  #12

Buchanan has been on the social media radar screen with GW even as his recruitment has been blowing up with other major schools. Coaching staff has obviously shared that mutual interest. Would be disappointing if GW misses out on him given his multiple “likes” of GW items in the past.

9/09/2021 2:21 pm  #13

GW makes sense. Great fit.
We were in on him early. He can stay local for his family to come to games and play with local players like Freeman and Lindo.

9/10/2021 12:35 pm  #14

George Washington is the hometown school right in his backyard and the Colonials have made him a huge priority.

“That’s the hometown school, they are big on me staying home and I wouldn’t want it any other way honestly with the way they recruit. They are definitely one of my top schools. I have a good relationship with Coach Christian and if I were to be able to put on for D.C. that would be really cool."

In terms of a timeline for his recruitment, Buchanan said, “I am thinking about cutting my list in October and then committing in early or mid December.”

https://www.prephoops.com/2021/09/recruiting-report-2022-darren-buchanan/

9/23/2021 11:03 pm  #15

Houston Wilson @houston_wilson1 1h
George Washington’s full staff had an in-home visit with 2022 Darren Buchanan this evening, per source

10/10/2021 10:44 am  #16

Offered by Pitt.

10/20/2021 8:35 pm  #17

10/20/2021 10:24 pm  #18

Thanks for the update FC. As fans, we live and die with the recruitment of players, especially ones like Buchanan who were identified and offered early and had several social media interactions with GW MBB including “likes” of things posted by the team. It’s disappointing if these players don’t eventually sign with GW after all the emotional investment and hopes we place on them, usually sight unseen. No idea if he is still high on the coaches’ list or where he fits in to their plans for next year if he signs with GW. What is sobering is the recognition of what coaches across the country must go through in getting players and how exhilarating or disappointing it must be when they get the word or the call of the results of their recruiting efforts. What a way to make a living.

10/21/2021 8:51 am  #19

Nice little article, I liked the embedded tweet where he writes that he "earned" an offer, not received.  Tells you a little about the person who will hopefully be on the court for us.  

10/28/2021 8:28 pm  #20

"Buchanan is one of the premier unsigned seniors in the Eastern Seaboard and Southeast regions. The 6-foot-7 wing/forward from Washington (D.C.) Woodrow Wilson High showed exactly why the likes of Pittsburgh and George Washington are prioritizing him. Buchanan had a featured matchup against 2023 Rivals150 No. 49 Dennis Parker Jr., in which Buchanan scored 22 points, going 2-for-3 from three, with eight rebounds and three steals. Look for Buchanan to be in the conversation for the Rivals150 in the next update."

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/shaw-s-takeaways-cbg-fall-series

Board footera