GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/14/2019 1:10 pm  #1

Any discussion of Lehigh?

Anyone want to discuss the Lehigh game or should we just move on?

11/14/2019 1:42 pm  #2

Re: Any discussion of Lehigh?

The challenge of falling behind too far too fast on the road and trying to scratch your way back.  Noble comeback, but you've gotta put together four strong quarters as a team.  I like the tough early season schedule which I believe will make this team stronger in the A-10 season.  I'm optimistic that the coach will put this team together.  Announced a signee yesterday as well - 6'5".  

11/14/2019 1:52 pm  #3

The team played well in the 4th qtr.    Zambrotta seemed to get off the Schneid finally in the second half.  Still 28 turnovers for the team is pretty bad.   That and the FT shooting - 6/13 vs Lehigh's  14/19 killed us.   Lehigh is picked to win the Patriot League.

11/14/2019 2:31 pm  #4

Maund was a scratch at game time, so Taiwo started and Overcash played a lot of minutes. Maund's low post offense was missed. This team is offensively-challenged at times, but they have more players with ability to score than last year. The TURNOVERs are obviously a killer, particularly when you own every other statistical advantage in the game. Also, these are the bad kind of turnovers-- lazy passes that lead to easy scores for the other team. On the positive side, 4 starters were first year players (and at a times played like it), so there's reason to be optimistic for the future.

Last edited by xAC (11/14/2019 2:32 pm)

11/14/2019 4:13 pm  #5

That was a hard game to watch after a solid 1st quarter dominated by Hyduke's play. Totally agree on the turnovers. As much as their announcer and coach praised Lehigh's defensive intensity in their post-game wrap-up, I agree with xAC that many were unforced errors. Still like the makeup and effort of this team but kinks from year-long layoffs and so many new players need to be worked out. Not many gimmees in the OOC schedule so play will be more indicative than results til they get to A-10 play.

11/14/2019 9:25 pm  #6

GWRising wrote:

I tend to ignore games played before my hangover wears off, but if this team is on the bubble on Selection Monday, this is the one that bites them on the ass.

11/15/2019 9:29 am  #7

GW Alum Abroad wrote:

GWRising wrote:

I tend to ignore games played before my hangover wears off, but if this team is on the bubble on Selection Monday, this is the one that bites them on the ass.

Absent winning the conference tournament, I don't think you have to worry about Selection Sunday this year.

Board footera