GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/04/2021 6:12 am  #1

Christian Interview

Last edited by Florida Colonial (10/04/2021 6:12 am)

10/04/2021 10:36 am  #2

Re: Christian Interview

Thanks for posting.  Am very encouraged by the fact that the interviewer brought up Noel Brown as a player who looked to be much improved.  Cautious optimism.  If Noel makes the successful sophomore leap and can truly give this team what it will need out of the center position (rebounding, shot altering, toughness...all while staying out of foul trouble for the most part), this has the potential to be a huge factor.  While I think we have a pretty good sense as to what James, Ricky, Joe, and Brendan will provide, Noel belongs in a category with Amir, Brayon and Daniel as "swing players" who may very well make or break the fortunes of this team. 

10/04/2021 11:12 am  #3

Noel displayed intriguing potential as a freshman from the start. 
Can't teach his size.
It would be great, and fill a real need for us, if he makes that sophomore leap.

10/04/2021 11:25 am  #4

Watched the video three times to focus on a separate player in the background taking three pointers (not the point of the video I know).

I had Qwanzi going 22/41 from the field. He seemed to like the top of the key and right wing more than the left wing and corner, but that could possibly be attributed to him just warming up. He went 15/20 on his final shots after starting 7/21 from the field.

Ricky went 15/35 overall on his shots (I left out a couple of collisions between his ball and Joe's) which isn't great for shootaround, but it's nice to hear mention from JC that Ricky is focusing on that - it would add another floor stretching element. If we can somehow get away with playing Lindo at the 5 (not sure that we can), we could maybe enjoy some 5 out lineups on the offensive end which could be dangerous. When Ricky was set on his shots, he made threes at a much better clip. He seems to favor the corners and top of the key more than the wings, where he tends to hit the back rim more often.

Joe was the standout, going 49/66 from the field. He has a quick release and was near automatic at times. I think he made all 6 shots from the right corner, and while he did trail off a bit by the time he hit the left corner he was still pretty good.

Would have liked to have seen what Brendan's progress looked like from the other side of the court, but this video (however trivial it may be) gave me a bit more confidence in the shooting department. Hopefully, the Noel comment as mentioned above bodes well for the frontcourt as well. Noel was a pretty good defender in limited time (not as much a shot blocker, but he could definitely contest shots near the hoop) but was admittedly raw offensively when he saw the floor.

10/04/2021 3:01 pm  #5

DMV thats hardcore video analysis. Well done. 

10/04/2021 10:44 pm  #6

Also thank you from me for posting.  I confess to looking at the players shooting around also, but not to the extent DMV did.   What I was looking for was to se whether Amir Harris was on the court but I did not see him.  Does GW Rising or anyone else have an update on his health status?

10/05/2021 8:17 am  #7

Well the GW videos on Instagram show him participating in drills, so ...

10/05/2021 8:39 am  #8

LOL.  Not sure what it says about this program when the head coach spends 7 minutes or so talking about his team and the vast majority of comments pertain to the shooting drills taking place in the background.

10/05/2021 9:31 am  #9

Gwmayhem wrote:

LOL.  Not sure what it says about this program when the head coach spends 7 minutes or so talking about his team and the vast majority of comments pertain to the shooting drills taking place in the background.

Maybe it says we should believe our eyes rather than our ears.

10/05/2021 11:21 am  #10

LSF, I get that lip service is exactly that.  However, I am not sure what making or missing a bunch of outside shots without anyone guarding you is really telling us either.

10/07/2021 7:52 pm  #11

See new TweetsConversation    [color=inherit]All Facts[/color][/url] [url=https://twitter.com/AllFactsMedia]@AllFactsMedia[/url]  Ep 36 of “The Auto Bid” ft @GW_MBB Head Coach @JamionChristian is live! - GW will play @TerrapinHoops for the first time since defeating them in Dec. of 2013 - Are other #DMVHoops schools ducking GW? Tune in Apple [url=https://t.co/yfoh6V7lBq?amp=1]https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-auto-bid/id1542411344?i=1000537892377[/url] Spotify [url=https://t.co/IzCX91zs5k?amp=1]https://open.spotify.com/episode/6OTuatMcyaUvmxMrzWUsPE?si=UdlnBTkPS-euXxWoP-0SpQ&dl_branch=1         1:28399 views  4:48 PM · Oct 7, 2021 from Baltimore, MD=inherit·Twitter for iPhone

Board footera