GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/30/2022 9:44 am  #81

Re: James Bishop IV

Bishop since the California Disaster:
90/203 FG = 44.3%
28/78 from 3 = 35.9%
17.8 PPG 

Take out the first few games where Bishop was slumping and you can see he's been very solid offensively.

1/30/2022 12:17 pm  #82

7th 30 point game for GW in the last 25 years

1/30/2022 2:11 pm  #83

GW18 wrote:

Bishop since the California Disaster:
90/203 FG = 44.3%
28/78 from 3 = 35.9%
17.8 PPG 

Take out the first few games where Bishop was slumping and you can see he's been very solid offensively.

27.5 pts a game this week, huge clutch shots to power us to the win today.

1/30/2022 5:47 pm  #84

Think today might've been Bishop's best game as a Colonial. Poised, hit clutch shots, didn't do too much. Played within the flow of the game. Love it

1/30/2022 9:40 pm  #85

gwsb14 wrote:

Think today might've been Bishop's best game as a Colonial. Poised, hit clutch shots, didn't do too much. Played within the flow of the game. Love it

100%

1/31/2022 9:24 am  #86

This kind of discussion is nonsense. Yes, Bishop has played well lately starting with the second half of URI. We have at least 13 games left or 40% of the season left. I am more interested in whether we can continue to improve as a team - not hyping individual players now on a 7-12 team. If we can get out of the play-in game and finish in top 7-8 in A-10, then there will be plenty of time to discuss who was responsible.

1/31/2022 10:22 am  #87

GWRising, keep in mind it's a discussion started by a troll, intended to produce responses ranging from anger to your reaction.

So, a few things about James.  First, a few here have misconstrued how we got here in the first place.  This was never a debate as to whether James was a talented player, or whether he has improved as a player, or even whether it's OK or not to pad one's stats.  I don't think these things are even up for discussion.  No, this began when The Troll proclaimed "what a game" to describe James's performance against St. Louis,  a game that GW was never truly in.  It was a completely out of place remark that, as you can guess, was intended to troll this board.  

This is so easily contrasted with yesterday's game.  25 points on 50% shooting, including some key clutch plays.  Truly led the team to a victory.  THIS is the kind of effort where "what a game" is appropriate.

I'll stand by an earlier comment that I am not going to be overly concerned about assists if James is to play off the ball.  Am far more concerned about good shot selection.  As a point guard, I view the primary responsibility to be to make good decisions while prioritizing getting your teammates involved.  As a shooting guard, I'm happy to see James shoot every time he has the ball as long as he's taking good, smart shots.

1/31/2022 11:57 am  #88

Indeed, what we should be hailing is not the points, but the 50 percent shooting.
And also some nice passes by James, as it is a team game.

1/31/2022 2:52 pm  #89

17 points a game 46% from 2, 35% from 3, 81% from the FTA line

1/31/2022 3:35 pm  #90

He doesn't make the A-10 player of the week which went to Vince Williams (VCU)

1/31/2022 3:50 pm  #91

Not sure if anyone else saw this but Vince Williams was phenomenal in VCU's win at Richmond.  Ace Baldwin was in foul trouble and in fact, fouled out with just under 4 minutes left on just a ridiculous call.  Williams put the team on his back, both while Baldwin was on the bench with fouls as well as once he fouled out.  

2/01/2022 12:59 pm  #92

Hey Barry, DMV, why is this guy allowed to personally attack posters over and over??

Why is it tolerated on thread after thread? Wouldn't it be easier to just uphold the no personal attacks rule??

I've seen a crack down on someone responding or noting a sordid history of it, how about putting an end to the person initiating it over and over.  That would solve things

Last edited by The Dude (2/01/2022 1:47 pm)

2/01/2022 1:50 pm  #93

Dude, since you’re asking me publicly as opposed to writing to me privately, I will also respond publicly.

If I am reading this correctly, the person you are accusing of attacking you is the person that you first attacked.  If you are telling me that you will no longer attack that person, then I will absolutely uphold the same expectation of him.

The intent of my rule is for everybody to be nice to each other and respectful. But I know that if I am attacked, then I will certainly defend myself up to a point.

So, what say you, gentlemen? Are we now above the petty arguments and ready to start anew without any past prejudices or personal attacks?

I for one, and I bet I represent 90% of the people on this board, would love that. 

Now, back to the topic at hand, I’ll throw my two cents in and say that I have been impressed by the team’s play including Bishop, especially. I remain hugely supportive of the direction of the program and hope that JC can continue to bring out the best in players who we have had otherwise low expectations of. 

If we can somehow get to .500 in the league at the end of the season, Then I think my feeling would be stay the course and hope the players like a fisher stay with the program.

2/01/2022 1:59 pm  #94

dude crying to Barry about personal attacks just gave me my dose of humor for the day.
barry, can't we just ignore him and not respond to his constant whining?

2/01/2022 2:00 pm  #95

Barry easy solution, that's it

As on this thread as on dozens over many years that guy initiated the personal attack

I will gladly do just that. Please help ensure that's universally applied. 

And agreed about GW and Bishop

2/01/2022 3:00 pm  #96

Well, here was my laugh for the day.  The Dude claimed to do his best never to read my posts but in the same breath, talks about how I incessantly attack him.  Am pretty sure he would need to be reading the posts to know if he was being attacked.  Unless of course all of his friends here were informing him.  (Haha).  This was such a preposterous claim that The Dude went in and edited the comment out himself.  Doesn't mean I didn't see it.

So, I'll continue to behave the way I always have towards The Dude.  If The Dude trolls the board, if he posts things deliberately intended to annoy, agitate, piss off, etc. myself or anyone else, which includes repeatedly stating his thoughts which are known to everyone but again serve no other purpose than to annoy, then I will continue to call out the trolling.  Or, if he can behave like a normal human being, then I will have nothing to call him out on.

It really is simple.  Any attack he has ever received from me has been a reaction to something he has initiated.  Giving me no reason to attack solves the problem.

2/01/2022 3:07 pm  #97

I think it was FQ who noted, how much more difficult what Bishop (and JoeBam)  is doing with so much of the D keyed on you

Very impressive stuff

2/01/2022 6:58 pm  #98

At the midpoint who would you say the top A10 POY candidates are?
Who would be your choice for POY??

For All League,2nd team for Bishop, 3rd team for JoeBam?
Does Freeman make All Rookie team?

2/02/2022 10:28 pm  #99

maybe 2nd team and 2nd team for JoeBam and Bishop?

2/02/2022 10:41 pm  #100

In  4 game stretch:

1. 25 points, Bishop hits the game winner, in massive upset over Rhode Island.
2. 30 points against SLU, 80-67 SLU
3.  25 points powering a GW win over Fordham with game sealing 3s late
4.  27 points in a win for GW over LaSalle. 

Board footera