GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/27/2019 11:00 am  #1

Washington Post feature on alum

I guess the ways to get noticed by the Washington Post are to either  a) walk-on as an assistant to the equipment manager at either That School Down the Street or College Park CC; or b) start in the All Star Game...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/07/27/jonquel-jones-is-back-wnba-all-star-game-center-connecticut-sun/

7/28/2019 9:45 am  #2

Re: Washington Post feature on alum

JJ had 13 pts, 13 rebs, 3 assts, and 1 blk in 18 minutes of play. This spectacle was devoid of any defense for the first 38 minutes of the game. Team EDD closed the gap at the end, but they trailed in a big way for most of the game.

​Griner had three monster dunks in the game, including a two-handed throw down.

9/09/2019 7:38 pm  #3

The WNBA regular season ended yesterday, and the Connecticut Sun finished in second place, thus allowing them to skip the first two single elimination rounds. They begin their playoffs on September 17.

For the season, JJ's stats:  14.6 pts/game (12th in WNBA); 9.7 rebs/game (1st in WNBA); and 2 blks/game (1st in WNBA).

This was JJ's second rebounding crown in her 4 years in the WNBA.

JJ was named by ESPN as a First Team all WNBAer.

JJ was also named to the WNBA All Defensive First Team, and just edged out for Defensive POY by Natasha Howard of Seattle Storm.

Last edited by xAC (9/11/2019 10:40 am)

9/18/2019 10:33 am  #4

Interesting perspective on why Jonquel Jones is not considered a "MegaStar", but maybe is.  I think being under the radar helps her, and to me, the Connecticut Sun success is truly a team effort, where on any given night, any one of the starters can be the star of the game.

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/9/17/20868756/jonquel-jones-connecticut-sun-star-wnba-playoffs

Last edited by xAC (9/18/2019 10:34 am)

Board footera