GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/11/2022 3:30 pm  #81

Re: Joe Bamisile

this to me is a very minor thing to lose respect over. who cares.

4/11/2022 3:36 pm  #82

@nickporr Current men's players in attendance: Hunter Dean, Laziz Talipov, and Tyler Warner. No sign of transfer portal candidates Joe Bamisile, Brayon Freeman, or Ricky Lindo Jr.

4/11/2022 3:39 pm  #83

Steve Urkel wrote:

@nickporr Current men's players in attendance: Hunter Dean, Laziz Talipov, and Tyler Warner. No sign of transfer portal candidates Joe Bamisile, Brayon Freeman, or Ricky Lindo Jr.

Adams, Harris and Nixon also here

Last edited by BM (4/11/2022 3:41 pm)

4/11/2022 3:56 pm  #84

Anybody wanna find out if Nixon can count as a redshirt?

4/11/2022 4:01 pm  #85

danjsport wrote:

Don't count on the question being asked by a student reporter. Very poor questioning from the hatchet and wrgw reps at the press conference

4/11/2022 4:02 pm  #86

Because Hugh it’s a fuck you on purpose.Do I really care?Of course not.

4/11/2022 4:27 pm  #87

Steve Urkel wrote:

danjsport wrote:

Don't count on the question being asked by a student reporter. Very poor questioning from the hatchet and wrgw reps at the press conference

The pros weren’t any better.  Every question was just about general philosophy (what did you learn from laranaga, what’s your style) - no one asked anything that would break any news or anything specific. 

(One did ask how he plans to convince players to stay, but it’s still a very general philosophy question that isn’t likely to yield an interesting answer).

4/11/2022 5:00 pm  #88

Joe Bamisile, a George Washington transfer and former four-star recruit, will transfer to Oklahoma, he tells @247Sports. || Story: 247sports.com/college/basket…

4/11/2022 5:11 pm  #89

As “Mr Wonderful says on Shark Tank-“He’s dead to me”.I still can't believe he chose that time-no class.

Last edited by GW69 (4/11/2022 5:13 pm)

4/11/2022 6:39 pm  #90

It seemed pretty clear Joe wasn't returning once he entered the portal. Good luck to him. He was a lot of fun to watch and was one of the reasons to keep watching the team as we went through a tough early season stretch.

I don't know about the fit with Oklahoma, a school that usually wins with blue collar players somewhat similar to West Virginia. Joe plays better with more freedom and in a higher tempo system. He would be great on a team like Alabama. There is tremendous upside if Moser is able to coach him up to play within a more structured system. Joe is certainly not going to be able to just let any shot fly when he feels like it in Norman. He made some great individual plays defensively but like the rest of the team was prone to taking plays off and didn't really communicate with the team.

I still think Brayon was more critical to the team and would be bummed if he also doesn't return.

4/11/2022 6:48 pm  #91

GW69 wrote:

As “Mr Wonderful says on Shark Tank-“He’s dead to me”.I still can't believe he chose that time-no class.

Timing is really odd for such an unimportant announcement.
 Oklahoma fans will see both exciting at times athleticism and variety of exciting spin dunks that
clang off the rim.

4/11/2022 7:58 pm  #92

Hope he is happy in Norman. Probably the most athletic player GW has had since Pops, but if he needs the peace and tranquility (and payroll on offer) in Oklahoma, then best of luck to him.

4/11/2022 8:11 pm  #93

jf wrote:

GW69 wrote:

Timing is really odd for such an unimportant announcement.
 Oklahoma fans will see both exciting at times athleticism and variety of exciting spin dunks that
clang off the rim.

That's seriously all you can say about him? A little dismissive of his talent don't you think?

4/11/2022 11:10 pm  #94

In the end, JoeBam shows himself to be so self obseessed that he schedules his announcement that he is transferring to coincide with the  press conference and reception for GWs new coach.  Clearly he will be missed, at least on the offensive end, but just like all of the highlight reel dunks, and highlight reel missed dunks, it was all about Joe and not about the team.    His leaving makes all the sense in the world for Joe...GW could not offer nearly the spotlight that was offered in Oklahoma, but I think he could have handled this better than he did.   I may be wrong, but what college players schedule the announcement of  where he will be playing next season....like he is Labron.    

4/11/2022 11:41 pm  #95

Long Suffering Fan wrote:

In the end, JoeBam shows himself to be so self obseessed that he schedules his announcement that he is transferring to coincide with the  press conference and reception for GWs new coach.  Clearly he will be missed, at least on the offensive end, but just like all of the highlight reel dunks, and highlight reel missed dunks, it was all about Joe and not about the team.    His leaving makes all the sense in the world for Joe...GW could not offer nearly the spotlight that was offered in Oklahoma, but I think he could have handled this better than he did.   I may be wrong, but what college players schedule the announcement of  where he will be playing next season....like he is Labron.    

You’re old.  Lots of players do that.  Give the kid a break on the timing.

4/12/2022 4:15 am  #96

I don’t mean to make this a big deal-on a scale of 1 to 10 this is a 2.Having said that i-its never to young
to learn how to be “impeccable”.He was I’ll-advised by the adults around him.

4/12/2022 5:53 am  #97

I think we know Joe is about Joe

4/12/2022 7:16 am  #98

GW69 wrote:

If Joe B. decides to transfer and notifies the world at 6:00pm I will lose total respect for him.Stepping on CC’s
press conference that way at that time can only be interpreted as hostile.Why would he do it at that precise time.
It makes a lot more sense that he announces he’s staying.We shall see.

You are not wrong GW69, but the way GW mismanages things this kind of treatment is earned.
Not mandatory. But, earned. Maybe he did it because he supports JC or was hot about something else. In the end the big thing is he transferred. If anything it reflects poorly on GW, not Joe because of the running debacle that is  GW Men's Basketball.
My caring about this kind of thing is about zero. What care about is improvement on the court. If it is accompanied by good words about off the court-Great!

Last edited by FredD (4/12/2022 3:44 pm)

4/12/2022 8:12 am  #99

Mentzinger wrote:

I think we know Joe is about Joe

Agree, he is a very good talent for GW, but he is self absorbed (that is not bad), and per CC, self absorption won't be part of the GW Mens Hoops program. 

4/12/2022 8:45 am  #100

I've often characterized Joe as a player who needs to wear his heart on his sleeve and let his emotions show in order to be at his best.  Sure, self-absorption is part of this.  Joe had that tendency to look up at the scoreboard after his made shots to presumably see how many he had so far in the game.  There are far greater offenses than that.  The Atlanta Hawks had a player in the 1970's, John Drew, who was notorious for asking the scorer how many he had as he ran up and down the court.

I think it's fair to say that in order for Joe to succeed at Oklahoma, he will need to become a more consistent performer, particularly on defense.  His instincts allow him to clog passing lanes and come up with steals but his ability to play steady man-to-man defense needs work.  His shot will likely always be streaky but when he's on, he is very difficult to stop.

From Joe's perspective, he goes from two difficult years (missing his senior year in high school followed by receiving scant opportunities at VA Tech) to finally finding genuine joy playing for JC.  And then, that gets taken away from him, fairly suddenly and arguably prematurely.  It's not hard to comprehend why Joe would want to move on.

As for the timing of Joe's announcement, am not biting at that one.  So what?  I watched CC's press conference and no matter what one came away with after witnessing it,   I would be hard-pressed to understand why Joe's OU announcement about an hour after the CC presser was finished has any bearing on anything.  

Board footera