GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/29/2022 11:35 am  #181

Re: 2022 Transfer Targets

Genuine question off Merrick's point (and sorry if it should be its own thread), but how do we go about creating one? Agreed that this is the new reality we're living in, so might as well keep the optimism of a new hire going by funneling that positive momentum into such an entity that is clearly going to be needed.

(Note inserted by BGF:  Please see the new thread about NIL that I created in response to this post.)

Last edited by BGF (4/29/2022 12:16 pm)

4/29/2022 5:40 pm  #182

jake lieberman @jakelieberman2 2m
SIU transfer Steven Verplancken tells me that he’s already heard from the likes of Colorado State, South Dakota State, Weber State, George Washington, Chattanooga, Siena, Illinois State, Montana, William & Mary, Winthrop, Mercer, + others.

4/29/2022 6:03 pm  #183

dmvpiranha wrote:

SIU transfer Steven Verplancken tells me that he’s already heard from the likes of Colorado State, South Dakota State, Weber State, George Washington, Chattanooga, Siena, Illinois State, Montana, William & Mary, Winthrop, Mercer, + others.

Heard a rumor that GW, Colorado St , Chattanooga, and Weber at were the 4 main contenders.

4/30/2022 2:07 pm  #184

Free Quebec wrote:

Jay Heath portal. He played his high school ball at Wilson high (now Jackson-Reed) with Ricky Lindo. Wonder if he wants to come home.

He does want to come home...but to Georgetown

4/30/2022 3:20 pm  #185

Wow. Wants to play for a laughingstock,doormat team without guaranteed time and a coach on his way out the door.
Ewing's seat is so hot it may as well be in a sauna.
This talented player might want to reconsider,given a  much better option just blocks away.

4/30/2022 7:05 pm  #186

It’s a bizarre choice since the rumor was that he wanted to be a featured player, instead of a role player.  But they already signed Brandon Murray from LSU and Primo Spears from Duquesne.  Plus they still have Aminu Mohammed and Dante Harris.

It’s 5 guys all around the same level.

5/03/2022 7:05 am  #187

New AC Dwayne Lee started following Texas Tech transfer G Mylik Wilson on Twitter.

Was a 3* prospect out of high school. Also played at Louisiana.

Averaged over 12 PPG at Louisiana but only 2.5 last season at TTU. Saw his minutes cut in half transferring up.

5/03/2022 1:30 pm  #188

Jahmir Young to UMD

5/03/2022 3:35 pm  #189

We seem to be signing coaches but I think we need some players.

5/03/2022 5:03 pm  #190

@jakeweingarten
Georgetown transfer Don Carey has heard from plenty of schools, a source told @Stockrisers, including: Texas, Clemson, Pittsburgh, Virginia, Arkansas, Maryland, Wisconsin, TCU, UCF, Western Kentucky, SMU, Georgia Tech, Cal, Nevada, George Washington, others.

5/05/2022 3:44 pm  #191

Portal Talk @Portaltalk1 2h
Weber State transfer Seikou Jawara tells me he's heard from these schools amongst several others:
Xavier
Pitt
Cal
Oregon State
San Diego State
WKU
SMU
ETSU
George Washington
Radford
Southern Utah
Wake Forest
CSU Bakersfield

5/13/2022 11:22 am  #192

GW0509 wrote:

@jakeweingarten
Georgetown transfer Don Carey has heard from plenty of schools, a source told @Stockrisers, including: Texas, Clemson, Pittsburgh, Virginia, Arkansas, Maryland, Wisconsin, TCU, UCF, Western Kentucky, SMU, Georgia Tech, Cal, Nevada, George Washington, others.

Chooses Maryland

I do wonder if it should’ve been more of a sign that Carey played for JC at MSM and then followed him to Siena only to then go to Georgetown vs GW?

5/14/2022 10:39 am  #193

dmvpiranha wrote:

Weber State

5/15/2022 5:25 pm  #194

Maximus Edwards (DNP last year at Kansas State - athletic wing) visited this weekend. Has also visited Temple and Northern Illinois

maximus @maxgotgame2 24m
Thank you George Washington for an amazing visit ! #NotCommitted

5/15/2022 6:10 pm  #195

Even if Maximus Edwards doesn't pick GW, having pictures of a potential transfer wearing a GW uniform on campus is pretty significant (in my opinion) considering GW hasn't been very active in the transfer market up to this point. Down below is his verbal commits page, he was in the high school class of 2021, and appeared to have been redshirted last year at Kansas State, so he should have 4 years of eligibility left 

https://verbalcommits.com/players/maximus-edwards  

5/15/2022 7:21 pm  #196

Here is the reason behind his redshirt (From Kansas State Rivals site)

Maximus Edwards has practiced in limited fashion the last month or so. He broke his tibia about a year ago, underwent surgery but re-aggravated it over the summer. That required another surgery.

5/15/2022 7:23 pm  #197

He redshirted because he got injured in the preseason. 

Played on a loaded HS team with Posh Alexander and Dylan Adae-Wusu from St John’s and that center from Pitt who just transfers to Bona (forget his name). They played high level HS competition during Covid in a bubble with other top teams from around the country and he scored double figures in about half the games and 20 or more 6 times - and won a slam dunk contest. Also shot 36% from three.   

May be very raw, but extremely athletic. 

Very cool to finally see a recruit take a pic in a GW jersey.

5/16/2022 4:54 am  #198

Thomas wrote:

Even if Maximus Edwards doesn't pick GW, having pictures of a potential transfer wearing a GW uniform on campus is pretty significant (in my opinion) considering GW hasn't been very active in the transfer market up to this point. Down below is his verbal commits page, he was in the high school class of 2021, and appeared to have been redshirted last year at Kansas State, so he should have 4 years of eligibility left 

Well, this is what we have become, with 4 open scholarships we are happy there is a recruit who took a pic wearing a GW uniform.  Since we weren’t aware of Edwards’ visit (didn’t see any info on this) let’s hope there are more visits on the immediate horizon.

5/16/2022 6:56 am  #199

Caputo and the staff he has hired are clearly taking a cautious approach to assembling their team. Before Christian, GW was very quiet and under the radar on social media in the recruiting wars. While it’s nice to see pictures in GW uniforms of prospective recruits/transfers or mentions by Rothstein and others of GW interest, it really doesn’t mean all that much. However many openings GW has on its roster, there are more than enough players out there to fill them. The key is to identify and land the right ones. Caputo was brought to GW to reestablish a sustainable program within the parameters of the school’s resource and admissions commitments. Those may not be what other schools have or what we’d like but the new coach didn’t come in with blinders on. Others may know whether past promises were broken. Caputo will find out soon enough. When GW starts the sumner session with multiple scholarship slots unfilled, then I’ll be concerned. If we sign another “Cartagena” fill a position player, then I’ll get concerned. I’m curious and a little antsy but not fretting over vacant MBB and WBB recruits, a WBB assistant, a LAX HC, and whatever surprise staff turnover ultimately occurs as it does every year. Unlike others here, I’m comfortable in knowing that Tanya Vogel and John Square and Chris Caputo and Caroline McCombs will be part of filling whatever holes exist. Time IS on our side, yes it is.

5/16/2022 9:15 am  #200

Mike K wrote:

Thomas wrote:

Well, this is what we have become, with 4 open scholarships we are happy there is a recruit who took a pic wearing a GW uniform. Since we weren’t aware of Edwards’ visit (didn’t see any info on this) let’s hope there are more visits on the immediate horizon.

The only news we've been getting in terms of recruits/transfers were twitter reports listing GW among 8+ schools for a particular player(like Don Carey and Steven Verplancken), so seeing a picture of a player and 2 of his family members(??) wearing GW gear on campus really is significant recruiting news. Also, seeing the "Local School On The Hilltop"(LOL) now having an 8 Man Recruiting Class after they signed another transfer last night and UMass signing 5 or 6 transfers probably gets some of us to ask, "What Is GW's Recruiting Strategy"!! But as Poog pointed out, the summer session hasn't started yet and there are still lots of players available. 

Looking at Maximus Edwards profile(6-5, 220 Shooting Guard) he has the potential to be an immediate replacement for Bamisile and since he redshirted as a freshman last year at Kansas State, signing him would be the equivalent of bringing in a high school recruit!! 

Board footera