GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/03/2022 10:35 pm  #1

Next Steps for GW Coaches

Prediction on the next step for JC?

Mojo is rumored to be heading back to Michigan St, currently a Coach for Richmond:

https://spartanavenue.com/2022/05/02/michigan-state-basketball-maurice-joseph-emerged-assistant-candidate/

Carm returns as Head Coach at Siena.  

With the success of Rutgers, does Karl Hobbs return to the Head Coaching ranks???   Has Pikiell's success at Rutgers put him on the radar for an even bigger job???

5/03/2022 11:02 pm  #2

Re: Next Steps for GW Coaches

Lol Carm will be fires this year. We'll deserved for the snake he is. Mojo would be a great fit for Michigan State. JC will bounce back and get an assistant or lower conference head coach job soon. He's a good coach just had bad luck with zero backing from our athletic department

Last edited by Skittles (5/03/2022 11:03 pm)

5/05/2022 2:08 pm  #3

Carm was a reported finalist for the Fordham job.

He's 39-17 in 3 years at Siena in league play, 1st 1st and 3rd in the league through 3 seasons, 47-29 overall

5/05/2022 4:30 pm  #4

The Dude wrote:

Carm was a reported finalist for the Fordham job.

He's 39-17 in 3 years at Siena in league play, 1st 1st and 3rd in the league through 3 seasons, 47-29 overall

A reported finalist?

Coachesdatabase.com ran a blog which specifically said "Let's Speculate" on who Fordham's next coach will be.  They listed 9 coaches of which Carm was one.  They also mentioned Kyle Neptune's assistant, Keith Urgo, who got the job.  By contrast, Zach Braziller of the NY Post who writes about NY Metro area college basketball reported Urgo's signing and mentioned 5 others who were the finalists.  Carm was not mentioned.  In fact only 2 of the 9 mentioned in the speculative blog (3 when you count Urgo) were among the actual finalists.

If someone else reported that Carm was a finalist, please cite the source.

5/08/2022 3:32 pm  #5

What most interests me, is Karl Hobbs.

Surely he's had some feelers for top spots rights? A ton of success at GW, and again as the Associate Coach at Rutgers.  I'd think he'd be itching to get back as a Head Coach and an enticing choice for a lot schools.

Carm too, in addition to Fordham candidacy, with 3 years of Siena success.   

5/09/2022 9:24 am  #6

In related news, I was also a candidate for the Fordham job.  So were you.  And,. so was your neighbor.  Carm though had a leg up on us since he was mentioned in a speculative blog post.  But no, he was not recently interviewed for the Fordham head coaching job.  Not at all a serious candidate.

Here's an article on the actual candidates who were actually interviewed for the job (Carm not being one of them):

https://247sports.com/Article/Fordham-basketball-coach-search-Kentucky-assistant-Bruiser-Flint-reportedly-among-Rams-four-candidates-186730534/

As always, be careful what you choose to believe here.  One poster in patrticular has developed a reputation for talking out his ass.  And then consistently double downs on his lies or mistakes.

5/09/2022 10:58 am  #7

Mayhem, I think you are over doing your role as board moderator and the Dude fact checker.  Most people probably just don't care enough to worry about what he says.

5/09/2022 11:55 am  #8

Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein
·
1h
Source: Coastal Carolina's Cliff Ellis has hired Fordham's Nima Omidvar as an assistant coach. Omidvar was in the DOBO role last season for the Rams.

Last edited by Florida Colonial (5/09/2022 11:56 am)

5/09/2022 12:42 pm  #9

BC you are right - nobody cares what he says.

Mayhem, you are right - he talks out of his ass with fake news.

Barry, trying to change the narrative and truth won't work by deleting posts!

Keep Raising High!

5/09/2022 1:08 pm  #10

BC, your point is well taken.  I am likely overdoing it because in reality, nobody should be allowed to litter this site with lies in general, let alone so frequently.  Hopefully by now, even the newer posters ought to know what to expect.

5/09/2022 2:53 pm  #11

Joel Joseph wrote:

BC you are right - nobody cares what he says.

Mayhem, you are right - he talks out of his ass with fake news.

Barry, trying to change the narrative and truth won't work by deleting posts!

Keep Raising High!

I am a big believer in the you reap what you sow paradigm.  I will only delete items that are hateful and or are unprovable facts( that are controversial in nature). 

But if a member of the board is attacked for their comments or their attitude on the board because they first or previously made similar statements or attacks, then I am content to leave them up. You reap what you sow.

Thus, if Dude or Mayhem make comments that are negative about the other, but they are otherwise harmless in what they state, I’ll leave them up. 

But if you attack someone by talking about their mother, wife, kids, or use racial, religious, sexual preference, or gender-based epithets and name calling, I will delete your comment and consider both a temporary and permanent ban.

For what it’s worth, I don’t particularly care about this thread, or the premise of Dude’s comment, so I simply ignore it and move on.

5/09/2022 3:08 pm  #12

In a certain “school” of group dynamics there are certain roles that are ascribed to each member of a 
group..Dude would be the “provocateur”.This person/role is best handled by ignoring them completely
They need to be the center of attention.They must learn to make connections by other means.
Back to basketball?!!

5/09/2022 3:12 pm  #13

Florida Colonial wrote:

Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein
·
1h
Source: Coastal Carolina's Cliff Ellis has hired Fordham's Nima Omidvar as an assistant coach. Omidvar was in the DOBO role last season for the Rams.

This is an interesting nugget unearthed by Florida Colonial.
He left, apparently dismissed, mysteriously and seemingly suddenly at GW. While he may have had some issues, none of them what little has been hinted about in public or private, seemed to prevent Nina from being hired by another A-10 school and now Coastal Carolina.
GW spent a lot of money developing his international expertise with little to show for it, especially without Gapare.

5/10/2022 2:24 pm  #14

Given a chance to do it over, we'd have promoted the current Siena Head Coach and not the prior one, to the top spot at GW

5/26/2022 6:00 pm  #15

Coming back to this thread... as mentioned in another thread JC is working with SpeakeasyForSports (https://twitter.com/JamionChristian/status/1529812239498231808?s=20&t=e1z4wyEkhN6aPCk67uBVZQ). I'm curious to see what else he gets up to..

Graham Bousley also announced today (https://twitter.com/GrahamBousley/status/1529923535703097352?s=20&t=e1z4wyEkhN6aPCk67uBVZQ) that he will be a Special Assistant to the Head Coach and Director of Recruiting at Longwood. That should be an exciting opportunity for him to be on the staff of a team that made the tournament last season.

5/29/2022 5:02 pm  #16

Congrats to both!

5/30/2022 12:43 pm  #17

Mojo to Butler

https://t.co/BVlGZMPsGw

5/30/2022 6:18 pm  #18

Nima Omidvar assistant coach at Coastal Carolina

5/30/2022 8:00 pm  #19

Nima seems to have landed on his feet post-GW.

5/31/2022 4:54 pm  #20

Board footera