GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/14/2022 4:44 pm  #1

Kenner Pairings

The Kenner League countdown is down to 18 days.  Kenner rules allow only two teammates to play together on the same Kenner team.  (That old rule about all newcomers being able to play together is a thing of the past.)  So, looking at three newcomers and a 4th player who we've barely seen play, here is who I hope to play alongside each:

Maximus Edwards....Let's pair Maximus with James Bishop. Each will be counted on for scoring and unless a late signing were to occur, it's looking like JB will be returning to the point.  Therefore, let these two develop a feel for playing with one another as early as possible.

Keegan Harvey...I'd like to see Keegan on Ricky Lindo's team.  Versatility is a key to the success of both players.  Can they effectively play an inside/outside game together?  

Daniel Nixon...I've put Daniel on this list because for all intents and purposes, he really is like a freshman.  Very clear, at least to me, that Daniel has far more game than what was revealed last season.  Assuming any issues that sidelined Daniel last season are behind him, let's give him a fresh start with an experienced veteran who can serve as a mentor.  That sounds like Brendan Adams though a casze can be made for Amir Harris as well.

Jabari West, Jr...My pairing here is Qwanzi Samuels, largely to see how their games might differ.  Again, can you play both at the same time?  Would you want to?  Kenner helps you decide.

Who are your choices to play with who? (Or is it whom?  I never get this one right.)

6/14/2022 9:23 pm  #2

Re: Kenner Pairings

I really want to see Bishop and Lindo together. I know both will be entering their third season together, but both DO NOT play well off each other. In year one JNJ was a much better facilitator to Lindo than Bishop ever was. And in year two it was the same with Freeman and Lindo.

There were many times last season I watched Lindo dejectedly shake his head when Bishop would play hero ball instead of pass it to a wide open Lindo. If Bishop is back at the point I want to see their relationship mature over the summer as I feel both will be our scoring options this coming season and will need to play off each other more.

6/15/2022 6:45 am  #3

Buff&BlueBandit wrote:

I really want to see Bishop and Lindo together. I know both will be entering their third season together, but both DO NOT play well off each other. In year one JNJ was a much better facilitator to Lindo than Bishop ever was. And in year two it was the same with Freeman and Lindo.

JNJ and Ricky did not play in any games together

6/15/2022 8:14 am  #4

It matters not who on GW plays with whom. It matters much more whether the team they play on is a good fit for each guy and allows them to develop. Hopefully, the bigs play with guards that pass them the ball and can guard. Hopefully, the guards play with bigs who are a threat, can pass well, and take some of the pressure off of them on both ends..

Last edited by GWRising (6/15/2022 8:15 am)

6/15/2022 8:43 am  #5

GW18 wrote:

Buff&BlueBandit wrote:

JNJ and Ricky did not play in any games together

GW18 you are 100% correct. It must have been Brelsford. I just remember Lindo lacked and continues to lack chemistry with Bishop.

6/15/2022 8:49 am  #6

GWRising wrote:

It matters not who on GW plays with whom. It matters much more whether the team they play on is a good fit for each guy and allows them to develop. Hopefully, the bigs play with guards that pass them the ball and can guard. Hopefully, the guards play with bigs who are a threat, can pass well, and take some of the pressure off of them on both ends..

Both of these things can certainly be true.  For sure, if our guys are never touching the ball on offense, then these pairings become far less important.  However, assuming this isn't the case, guys can develop a feel for playing with one another which in turn can be very beneficial.

6/15/2022 9:25 am  #7

Gwmayhem wrote:

GWRising wrote:

Both of these things can certainly be true.  For sure, if our guys are never touching the ball on offense, then these pairings become far less important.  However, assuming this isn't the case, guys can develop a feel for playing with one another which in turn can be very beneficial.

Having watched many Kenner games over many years, that is a very large assumption lol.

Board footera