GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/17/2022 8:57 pm  #1

Recruit: Christian Jones (CT), Guard, 2023 - Committed to GW!!

Christian Jones
Year: 2023
Position: PG
Height: 6-2
Hometown: New Canaan, CT
High School: Our Savior Lutheran School (Bronx, NY)
AAU Team: New Heights Lightning (NY)

Offers: Boston U, Charlotte, Drake, Fairfield, Iona, Providence, Seton Hall, St. Bonaventure, Stony Brook, Temple, Towson, Vermont

Links
247Sports
MaxPreps
NERR
Prep Hoops
Recruit The Bronx
Rivals
The Hoop Hustle
Twitter Account
Verbal Commits

GW Offer Tweet

Last edited by dmvpiranha (10/28/2022 5:34 pm)

8/18/2022 10:08 pm  #2

Re: Recruit: Christian Jones (CT), Guard, 2023 - Committed to GW!!

Jones recently visisted GW. High priority recruit. The staff was often 2-3 deep at many of his games during Peach Jam.
https://www.instagram.com/p/ChaXoikJF-z/

9/30/2022 11:15 am  #3

9/30/2022 12:40 pm  #4

Very random assortment of teams 

9/30/2022 12:51 pm  #5

The one on the bottom right is the best choice for playing time, new Elite 8 coach and academics.

9/30/2022 2:22 pm  #6

To give some context as to who was recruiting him prior to trimming his list

Basketball Recruitment
@BasketHoopz
·
14m
2023 6'2 PG Christian Jones has trimmed his list to the following schools. https://twitter.com/cj_jones23/status/1575873007435718656?s=20&t=CY5jG0lIBKQ8GDE9E5v2KQ
Finalists:
- Charlotte
- California
- George Washington

Jones has removed St. Bonaventure, Seton Hall, Providence, Temple, Stony Brook, Boston U, Iona, and Drake, among others.

10/01/2022 9:16 pm  #7

When one posts Berkeley, California on one’s Instagram account, it’s probably safe to assume the young man is going to Cal.

10/02/2022 9:10 am  #8

Not saying he doesn't end up choosing Cal but he's just on his official visit. He has already taken his GW and Charlotte visit

10/02/2022 10:22 am  #9

Also worth noting that Jones made a second visit to GW last week after he visited Charlotte. I take that as a promising sign.

From a purely academic standpoint, Cal seems like the choice although I think from a winning standpoint there is more upside at Charlotte or GW. It's crazy that I'm saying that as neither team has been any good recently, but Cal has become a bottom feeder in the Pac-12, a conference that quite honestly might only be slightly better than the A10 this year. Cal's roster this year looks rough, and it's not a good sign that one of their best players left for UC Santa Barbara this offseason, a program that's probably better than Cal at this point. I like Fox as a coach but it's an uphill battle to even get talent to Cal right now. They had a four star guard committed for next year only to watch him decommit a few weeks later. Last year's GW team on paper might have had more top-end talent than Cal had. Charlotte is moving up to the AAC next year, but with Cincinnati, Houston, and even UCF leaving I think the A10 has a chance of overtaking the AAC in basketball. 

The three priorities right now seem to be Autry, Hutchinson, and Jones. All three have visited officially. If we can land at least two of those three that would be huge. Hutchinson and Autry recently followed each other so I'm wondering if maybe there's a chance of a team-up happening behind the scenes.

Autry is also considering Rhode Island and Cincinnati. I get the feeling he's regarded as more of a fallback option at Cincinnati. The Rams recently had a player decommit but their backcourt looks rather crowded right now. GW definitely seems like the best place from a playing time perspective.

Hutchinson is additionally considering James Madison, New Mexico State, and VCU. I like his game a lot. A lot of high-majors started prioritizing other players because he is somewhat inconsistent as a shooter but he is a really good playmaker, which is something this team could really use next year and beyond. Both James Madison and New Mexico State are also changing conferences, with the Dukes moving to the Sun Belt this year and the Aggies moving to the C-USA next year. Both moves were made for football and I think it will hurt basketball. JMU has good facilities but the Sun Belt is definitely a step lower than the A10 in basketball. NMSU has dominated the WAC, but who knows how they will fare when changing conferences. They probably still be one of the better teams, but the C-USA will become even more meh in basketball with teams like UAB, North Texas and as mentioned earlier Charlotte leaving. I don't get the sense VCU is too interested as he's only taken an unofficial so far but I guess we'll see.

I believe we are trying to get Isaiah Watts on a visit as well in the future. He recently visited Fordham. His footage didn't really pop during Peach Jam when he was playing with Seattle Rotary but he has good size and potential. Part of the problem was that he was not a primary option on his EYBL team, and hopefully his move to the East Coast to play at South Kent will allow him to showcase his game more.

10/03/2022 12:23 pm  #10

Florida Colonial wrote:

Not saying he doesn't end up choosing Cal but he's just on his official visit. He has already taken his GW and Charlotte visit

We all know what happens when you assume. Hope that springs eternal restored as his non-commital post is put in a more accurate context.

10/23/2022 11:56 am  #11

On his instagram story he posted a video  making his commitment video. says "commitment video coming soon".  This could be it

10/24/2022 2:20 pm  #12

Am surprised to not see the connection here but Christian goes to the same high school that Max Edwards attended.  Have to believe they were teammates, Christian being a sophomore when Max was a senior.  

Go get him, Max!

10/24/2022 3:11 pm  #13

They're  friends if you see some of the interactions on Instagram. Max has definitely been pushing him. _maxgotgameVerified.    Let’s get it done ganggggg🤣🤣🤣🤣9w12 likesReply 

•  _maxgotgameVerified.   Stop playinggggg.    9w3 likesReply  
  •  

[list=a]

I'm veryy hopeful it will be good news soon

Last edited by Florida Colonial (10/24/2022 3:13 pm)

10/27/2022 8:08 pm  #14

According to his Instagram Christian Jones will announce his commitment tomorrow at 5pm

10/28/2022 8:59 am  #15

Not sure how reliable this guy is (calls himself a low-grade insider), but...
    [color=inherit]Trilly Donovan[/color][/url] [url=https://twitter.com/trillydonovan]@trillydonovan  Sources: 2023 three-star guard Christian Jones has committed to George Washington. Was also considering Charlotte and Cal.

10/28/2022 9:12 am  #16

Thanks for the news BM!  Hopefully it is official at 5:00, per his Insta story.

10/28/2022 10:43 am  #17

Don't intend to jump the gun, but if Rising reports that 1-2 more verbal commitmebnts are any day now, and Christian Jones announces he will declare today at 5:00, and Trilly has sources who've indicated that Christian will be taking his talents to Foggy Bottom, I'd say this one looks pretty damn good.

10/28/2022 10:44 am  #18

Christian should be the second commit I mentioned but there is a third as well. CC getting good backcourt talent. Expect the third one within the next few days.

Last edited by GWRising (10/28/2022 10:46 am)

10/28/2022 11:20 am  #19

Now we are talking!!!

GWRising wrote:

Christian should be the second commit I mentioned but there is a third as well. CC getting good backcourt talent. Expect the third one within the next few days.

10/28/2022 11:35 am  #20

Good find by BM.
You never know until is finally done, but this guy says he is committed to GW.

Board footera