GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/29/2021 9:26 pm  #1

Recruit: Jacoi Hutchinson, Guard, 2023 - Committed to GW!!

Jacoi Hutchinson
Year: 2023
Position: PG
Height: 6-2
Hometown: Burtonsville, MD
High School: IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)
AAU Team: Team Takeover (DC)

Offers: Bryant, George Mason, James Madison, LSU, Maryland, North Carolina A&T, Penn State, Pittsburgh, St. Joe's, Virginia Tech

Links
247Sports
MaxPreps
On3
Prep Hoops
Rivals
Twitter Account
Verbal Commits

GW Offer Tweet

Last edited by dmvpiranha (10/31/2022 1:48 pm)

9/03/2021 4:40 pm  #2

Re: Recruit: Jacoi Hutchinson, Guard, 2023 - Committed to GW!!

George Washington: “Just the idea that it’s in the city. It’s a city campus and it’s not closed off. I grew up in a city area, so I’m familiar with those kinds of places. That’s what I would say is the most home situation for me. That’s actually the only school I took a visit to, so it was definitely a different feeling. That was my first visit and everything and my first time being on an actual college campus.”

https://www.zagsblog.com/2021/08/30/jacoi-hutchinson-is-ready-to-put-the-world-on-notice-with-his-recent-transfer-to-img-academy/

12/23/2021 8:31 pm  #3

𝒜𝓃𝒹𝓇ℯ𝓌 𝒮𝓁𝒶𝓉ℯ𝓇 @Andrew__Slater29m 
4 * Jacoi Hutchinson’23 @HutchinsonJacoi of @IMGABasketball has earned offers from Maryland, LSU, Pittsburgh, Penn State & Virginia Tech as well as interest from Notre Dame, Villanova & Xavier. He’s visited Maryland & GW. Would like a family environment

7/02/2022 12:00 am  #4

Jacoi Hutchinson @HutchinsonJacoi 1h
Thank you @coach_c_caputo and staff for a GREAT unofficial visit ! @GW_MBB

7/02/2022 1:25 pm  #5

Good find.
Jacoi looks great in a GW uniform.
And could join the ranks of GW point guards who immediately have the ball in their hands
from freshman year on.

8/22/2022 10:59 am  #6

George Washington: "I have a great relationship with head coach Chris Caputo and assistant coach Brendan Straughn. Coach Brendan is a former Takeover guy so you know, they show nothing but love for me. Even when I was going through my ups and downs, they always had a coach there for me. So there’s a true genuine relationship right there."

https://www.prephoops.com/2022/08/2023-jacoi-hutchinson-has-programs-prioritizing-him/

8/22/2022 12:23 pm  #7

Lets go Jacoi!

10/31/2022 1:48 pm  #8

Jacoi has committed to GW!! Fantastic pickup - Jacoi averaged 4 assists per game during Peach Jam. Was one of the best pure passers during the live period.

10/31/2022 1:48 pm  #9

COMMITTED TO GW

10/31/2022 1:49 pm  #10

DMV, great minds...

10/31/2022 1:50 pm  #11

“The most important thing for me was that I really believe in the vision that Coach Caputo has for the school and the basketball program,” Hutchinson told 247Sports. “He’s coming from a winning environment at Miami and he knows what winning looks like. He knows what it takes to develop players and help them get the next level, especially at my position.”

GW strikes again, this time with Jacoi Hutchinson (247sports.com)

10/31/2022 1:56 pm  #12

Definitely Mike K!

10/31/2022 2:10 pm  #13

More great news. Just the point guard skills we need.
 Coach Caputo is working to build a great future at GW, as Jacoi noted.
  Welcome Jacoi and family to the GW family!

10/31/2022 2:11 pm  #14

ON3 article

https://www.on3.com/news/george-washington-chris-caputo-land-commitment-from-jacoi-hutchinson/
'On3 Consensus three-star recruit Jacoi Hutchinson has committed to George Washington, becoming the program’s highest-ranked recruit in the modern recruiting era.The 6-foot-2 point guard out of Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy chose Chris Caputo and the Colonials over offers from James Madison, Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech, Maryland, and others.He is George Washington’s third commitment to the class, joining three-star guards Christian Jones and Trey Autry.Hutchinson is the No. 163 overall prospect in the 2023 class, according to the On3 Consensus, the average ranking from all four major recruiting media companies. On3’s evaluators are higher on him, ranking him 112th overall in the class and a four-star recruit."

10/31/2022 2:30 pm  #15

Fantastic news.  Welcome to GW Jacoi.

Hoping that someone encounters a growth spurt very soon.  (Just a joke...plenty of time and space to land some bigs).

10/31/2022 3:02 pm  #16

A Troika of Power 5 coveted Guards, to start the CC era.   3 great additions

George Washington first year head coach Chris Caputo and his staff landed another key commitment on Monday afternoon, this one from IMG Academy and Team Takeover guard Jacoi Hutchinson.

“The most important thing for me was that I really believe in the vision that Coach Caputo has for the school and the basketball program, He’s coming from a winning environment at Miami and he knows what winning looks like. He knows what it takes to develop players and help them get the next level, especially at my position.”
 Hutchinson is a local DMV product who previously attended DeMatha Catholic High School prior to transferring to IMG just before his junior year.

“Coming home was important,” he said. “I’ve been gone for these last two years so I definitely missed having that support back home and having my whole family coming out to the games. I know I can get that at GW.”

While his commitment will pay immediate dividends on the floor, it will also give the Colonials an immediate burst of recruiting momentum in their backyard as Hutchinson is a well-known local product who attracted varying degrees of high-major interest and offers over the course of his high school career.

With Hutchinson now joining Jones and Trey Autry, GW has built an incoming perimeter trio that were all individually recruited at a higher level and collectively has a chance to be among the very best incoming freshmen backcourts in the Atlantic 10 Conference.

Hutchinson is an aggressive two-way guard who is best known for his motor, ability to defend the ball, and attack the paint, but has simultaneously made strides in becoming a reliable spot-up shooter.
 “I just want to come in every day with the right attitude and the right mindset. I have that winning mentality. Everything we’re doing in practice; I’ll make sure I’m competing and setting that example for everyone else.”

Caputo is also coming from a Miami program that revitalized itself in recent years with their smallball attack, a style that he may now be able to duplicate at George Washington.

Last edited by The Dude (10/31/2022 3:14 pm)

10/31/2022 4:20 pm  #17

Wow. Another big one. Offers from Maryland, Pitt, LSU amd Virginia Tech. Chris has taken it up a click. Now let’s see some activity in the front court!!  Pretty impressive out of the gate.

10/31/2022 7:08 pm  #18

Alum1 wrote:

Wow. Another big one. Offers from Maryland, Pitt, LSU amd Virginia Tech. Chris has taken it up a click. Now let’s see some activity in the front court!! Pretty impressive out of the gate.

An extremely encouraging trio of recruits for the future of the program

10/31/2022 7:27 pm  #19

Do we need to let him know we are. I longer the “Colonials “ 😉

10/31/2022 7:41 pm  #20

We still are for at least a year.

Board footera