GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/09/2022 5:47 pm  #1

New GW Commit Kamari Sims

Kamari Sims has committed to GW!! She attends Riverdale Baptist (JJ's school). Sims had offers from Cincinnati, Delaware, James Madison, Northeastern, St. Joe's, UNC Wilmington, and Xavier. Good to see us landing some local talent.

https://gwsports.com/news/2022/11/9/womens-basketball-womens-basketball-signs-three-student-athletes-to-national-letters-of-intent.aspx

Sims enters the 2022-23 recruiting period as the 14th ranked Maryland prospect, according to Max Preps. During her high school career at Archbishop Spalding and Riverdale Baptist, Sims has developed into a dynamic scorer. In 2021-22, Sims averaged 19 points and eight rebounds on her way to an Interscholastic Athletic Association of Maryland (IAAM) All-Conference selection and First Team All-County selection.  

What they're saying:

"Kamari is a crafty playmaker with the ball in her hands. She can really deliver the ball while also scoring it at all three levels. We know she will make a strong impact on our program." – Caroline McCombs

"I am very excited and eager to play for Coach McCombs at GW. You can see the culture that is being built is something special and it's a great feeling to know that I will be a piece of the process." – Kamari Sims

"GW is getting a player with a lot of savvy and intangibles in Kamari Sims. Kamari's biggest strength is playing multiple positions and knowing the game. I know she will be an undeniable asset to Coach McCombs' program." – Shawn Wright, Riverdale Baptist Head Coach

"Kamari is an electric scorer with excellent vision. Her combination of strength and agility makes her a matchup nightmare. She can score on the block, hit a deep three or drop a pinpoint pass in transition. Her offensive repertoire is so varied that she is very difficult to guard." – Kathy Gillespie, Director of Germantown Lady Panthers (Sims' AAU Team)

11/09/2022 6:47 pm  #2

Re: New GW Commit Kamari Sims

A little more height sure can't hurt.  Welcome ladies.

Board footera