GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/11/2022 3:34 pm  #41

Re: Other Games Thread

russianthistle wrote:

Mike K wrote:

BM wrote:

FYI, Gapare (who joined UMass late) has played one minute and only has a turnover to his credit in two games.

Was watching the game last night (minimal ties to Towson hoops) and kept waiting for him to check in....

Nothing makes GW look better than a winter in Amherst spent on the bench. Life lesson learned.

Don't forget the best part...with Frank Martin undoubtedly disgusted at you.

11/11/2022 4:21 pm  #42

The Dude wrote:

#2 Gonzaga vs Michigan St in the first of some heavyweight clashes this weekend

You buried the lede here. The game is on an aircraft carrier in San Diego. I have long thought GW should play a game on an aircraft carrier

11/11/2022 5:13 pm  #43

Last night:
Team Mike Brey 79 Radford 76
Today:
UNH 83 Fairfield 71
Tonight:
St Joe´s vs Houston (in Annapolis)
Duques @ Kentucky
SMU @ Dayton
Iona @ Hosftra
The Mount @ Coppin St
UNI @ Richmond
Longwood @ Mason
Clemson @ So. Carolina
Fordham @ Arkansas
Loyola-Chicago vs UIC
Bradley @ Utah St

11/11/2022 5:50 pm  #44

ND eked out a win with what I thought was a typical bad call in the last 10 seconds of a game.

11/11/2022 6:46 pm  #45

BC wrote:

ND eked out a win with what I thought was a typical bad call in the last 10 seconds of a game.

Saw most of the second half, and the whole time I was wondering if Vogel had waited a year before dumping JC that perhaps Mike Brey would have been available to replace him. Should have been a "W" for Radford.

Last edited by GW Alum Abroad (11/11/2022 6:51 pm)

11/11/2022 9:05 pm  #46

#2 Gonzaga beats Michigan St on the carrier

11/11/2022 10:37 pm  #47

5-3 for the league tonight with all three losses against top ten teams.

11/12/2022 9:55 am  #48

Our former heroes last night --
Joe Bam -- 12 minutes off the bench  1-5 FG, 0-3 3pt FG, 1-4 FT in Oklahoma 8-pt win vs. Ark-Pine Bluff
Tyler Breslford -- 10 minutes off bench, 4 pts in 19 pt Bryant win at Dartmouth.
Nelson --  4-14 FG, 2-7 3pt FG, 8-10 FT, 3 TO, 2 A, 18 pts, led Delaware in pts in 75-71 loss to Air Force

11/12/2022 11:03 am  #49

Georgetown just tipped off against Wisconsin Green Bay(at 11AM??) on the channel formerly known as WDCA 20 locally in the D.C. area. Is channel 20 broadcasting local games again like they did in the 1980's? Georgetown escaped with a win against Coppin State, but they appear to have the same problems they had last year with disorganizied/pick-up ball offensive sets, turnover-prone/erratic guards and poor defense! 

Did Bamisile get recruited over before even playing a game for Oklahoma? It looks like he's 7th or 8th in Oklahoma's rotation at the moment. He may be right back in the same situation he was in at Virginia Tech. 

Last edited by Thomas (11/12/2022 11:13 am)

11/12/2022 11:33 am  #50

Thomas wrote:

Did Bamisile get recruited over before even playing a game for Oklahoma? It looks like he's 7th or 8th in Oklahoma's rotation at the moment. He may be right back in the same situation he was in at Virginia Tech. 

I hope he's able to get more minutes as the season progresses. Seemes like a really good guy.

11/12/2022 2:20 pm  #51

Georgetown won again, 92-58.  They look much better this year after last year's debacle

Shaheen Holloway nearly doubled up the score on his Saint Peters team he took to The Elite 8 last year

In the story of the night:

In Eastern Michigan's 88-83 loss to No. 22 Michigan in Detroit on Friday night, Emoni Bates looked like the player who had once been hyped as a future NBA star, scoring 30 points and almost leading his team to an upset.

Bates, the No. 3 recruit in the 2021 class who played at Memphis last season, made 7 of his first 9 shots (12-for-19 overall) against the Wolverines in his first game since transferring

11/12/2022 2:43 pm  #52

MG14 wrote:

Thomas wrote:

I hope he's able to get more minutes as the season progresses. Seemes like a really good guy.

He very well may be a good guy, but once a player voluntarily leaves the team to play elsewhere, in my eyes he is a traitor whom I cannot root for, even if I fully understand his reasons for leaving and probably would have done the same if I was him.  Worse if Freeman, who went to a conference rival.  

11/12/2022 5:23 pm  #53

I'll be on the lookout for when Oklahoma plays on one of the bigger networks and post it here, so we can see why Bamisile looks to be a role player or an end-of-the-bench guy right now. Was he injured? Did Oklahoma just bring in better newcomers than him?

The Dude, I watched a lot of the Eastern Michigan/Emoni Bates-Michigan game too. First, I was surprised that Juwan Howard even agreed to play them because most BCS coaches are Scared to Death of playing the smaller local school who may be good enough to beat them. Emoni Bates basically put on a highlight reel tape against Michigan, imagine what he'll do in conference games!! What I like about his story is, he didn't just turn pro, go undrafted and potentially lose confidence playing overseas or in the G-League, he transferred to a smaller conference and is showing what he can do. I'm sure that outstanding performance against Michigan has put him back on the radar of NBA scouts. Eastern Michigan had a guard named Farrakhan who was also very good, I remember hearing his name as a highly touted high school prospect a few years ago, I'm assuming he also ran into some off-the-court issues that landed him at Eastern Michigan instead of a BCS school. 

Morgan State at VCU     7  MASN2

Last edited by Thomas (11/12/2022 5:26 pm)

11/12/2022 5:39 pm  #54

Rhode Island down to Texas State right now. 

Brayon Freeman not looking very good and has mostly been riding the pine so far.

Last edited by GW0509 (11/12/2022 6:12 pm)

11/12/2022 6:21 pm  #55

I didn't see Freeman at all during the second half.  0-5 FG 2 pts.. 

URI loses 70-66 and drops to 0-2 
Bad loss for the A10

Last edited by Florida Colonial (11/12/2022 6:22 pm)

11/12/2022 6:38 pm  #56

Freeman 2 pts, 0 for 5 FG, 2 turnovers. Didn’t play in second half. Rhody loses to Texas State.

11/12/2022 7:46 pm  #57

Thomas wrote:

The Dude, I watched a lot of the Eastern Michigan/Emoni Bates-Michigan game too. First, I was surprised that Juwan Howard even agreed to play them because most BCS coaches are Scared to Death of playing the smaller local school who may be good enough to beat them. Emoni Bates basically put on a highlight reel tape against Michigan, imagine what he'll do in conference games!! What I like about his story is, he didn't just turn pro, go undrafted and potentially lose confidence playing overseas or in the G-League, he transferred to a smaller conference and is showing what he can do. I'm sure that outstanding performance against Michigan has put him back on the radar of NBA scouts. Eastern Michigan had a guard named Farrakhan who was also very good, I remember hearing his name as a highly touted high school prospect a few years ago, I'm assuming he also ran into some off-the-court issues that landed him at Eastern Michigan instead of a BCS school. 

Morgan State at VCU     7  MASN2

Thomas - Looks like E. Michigan putting together a legit dangerous team.  Bates, was a 2022, who re-classified and played  last year at 17, he's just now 18 and looked VERY legit!!

11/13/2022 7:14 pm  #58

Haven't seen it mentioned yet, but Mezie is averaging 9.3 ppg through three contests for James Madison this year. The Dukes look significantly better than they did last year.

Louisville's backcourt situation is baffling. CC knew we needed depth late in the offseason and brought EJ on board. How the Cards didn't think to add more bodies there is just unacceptable. They probably deserve to have lost their first few games honestly.

I think Brayon will eventually turn things around at URI as long as he's not in Archie's doghouse (did he play in the second half against Texas State?) Bamisile on the other hand I'm not sure because he's a guy that needs freedom to play well. It's probably not a popular opinion on the board, but I actually think it was best for both him and GW that he decided to transfer elsewhere when CC was hired. I want him to succeed, but was confused why he chose Oklahoma of all schools to transfer to, a place that runs a rigid offensive system. Imagine how he would look had he gone to Alabama or another school that is more uptempo instead...

11/13/2022 7:29 pm  #59

Watched a little of the AU/Mason game today.  Lincoln Ball is coming off the bench.  Tough look for us that the last two transfers to AU (Cimino and Ball) transferred down and couldn't even crack the starting lineup.  

11/14/2022 9:39 pm  #60

We're not the only A10 team to fall to a CAA team tonight as Richmond loses to Charleston in OT.

I thought old friend Ira Lee transferred to Charleston but I don't see him on the roster?

Board footera