GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/25/2023 7:38 pm  #1

Patsos

Is it possible to be any worse as an announcer?

The voice.  The 39 second rambling over the game word salads, his stepping all over Byron's play by play etc

Does anyone actually like Patsos? Can we get word to the people who make these decisions? Does the guy get any feedback it's been brutal since he arrived this year

Does he understand the role of color analysis facilitating the play by play?

1/26/2023 12:59 am  #2

Re: Patsos

We get it that he knows every HS coach in the DC-Baltimore area. He can stop constantly dropping names of coaches we never heard of.

1/26/2023 9:29 am  #3

Amazing how you can either be born to the right father (JT JR) or spend a few years working for Gary Williams and you never have to work a real job ever again.

1/26/2023 12:14 pm  #4

Agreed.   Seriously hope it’s a 1 year contract.

He is awful to listen to. Byron Kerr is so good, but he’s totally unable to be good with mumbles next to him talking non-stop about nothing all game.

1/26/2023 12:44 pm  #5

He generally calls the home games which means I generally miss his game calls.  But, I watch him on the Raise High show and that frankly is more than enough.

He strikes me as a wannabe colorful character from the Northeast complete with amusing stories and proof that his rolodex is larger than most.  By the time he's done asking the question, the interview is practically over due to time constraints.

1/26/2023 1:18 pm  #6

Free Quebec wrote:

Agreed.   Seriously hope it’s a 1 year contract.

He is awful to listen to. Byron Kerr is so good, but he’s totally unable to be good with mumbles next to him talking non-stop about nothing all game.

Exactly that, 💯

1/26/2023 3:14 pm  #7

I'll have to weigh in and concur that Patsos is annoying and I hope we try somebody (anybody) else next year.    He's sort of trying to be a poor man's Seth Greenberg, but doesn't have the chops/talent/intelligence.   Byron continues to do a good job and, more importantly, has earned some GW cred based on his resume.

1/26/2023 3:57 pm  #8

I disagree about Patsos, who admittedly I don't get to hear that much as he only does home games.   I think they make a very good team.  Byron Kerr has a smooth voice and sounds polished, however he is the master of the obvious, descrives very well what we just saw on TV buit is a cheerleader who adds very little.   Patsos knows his stuff. and adds the insight that comes with a former coach as opposed to a professional annoucner. 

1/27/2023 10:57 am  #9

I'm with LSF here, I'm fine with Patsos, maybe he could use a couple of days of broadcasting school but overall he adds insight. I also think Byron's homerism is a little cringe and wish he'd tone it down sometimes. But for a mid-major school with (let's face it) a fairly small fanbase, I think it's a pretty solid broadcasting team.

1/27/2023 11:15 am  #10

Did find it a bit funny when Byron referred to an Adams jumper as “Jamal Murray esque” (I think it was adams)

I know from twitter he’s a Nuggets fan so funny to see his homerism for the Nuggets come out.

1/27/2023 12:20 pm  #11

Hugh wrote:

I'm with LSF here, I'm fine with Patsos, maybe he could use a couple of days of broadcasting school but overall he adds insight. I also think Byron's homerism is a little cringe and wish he'd tone it down sometimes. But for a mid-major school with (let's face it) a fairly small fanbase, I think it's a pretty solid broadcasting team.

100%!!

Board footera