GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/06/2022 10:25 am  #101

Re: Jamison Battle

Free Quebec wrote:

The Dude wrote:

Does Jamison Battle win Big 10 Player of the Year? 
Who are the other candidates?

You are joking right??

Sadly, the Dude never jokes.

1/06/2022 12:16 pm  #102

Great to see Jameson playing well for a team that has exceeded expectations so far.  That said, if the season ended today, he would not make the Big Ten's First team.  (Would likely be a 2nd Team selection which would be a huge accomplishment.)

Johnny Davis was a star in the making last season but Gard would only play him so much since he had 6 seniors who all commanded playing time.  He was not on any of the Big Ten's pre-season teams.  

1/06/2022 2:55 pm  #103

Ranking the best GW recruits from 2013-2019, Battle has is with ease, in the top 2.

Battle, Yuta, top 2.

1/06/2022 4:16 pm  #104

I was looking up old recruits and stubbled upon Kevin Marfo....can you believe he's still playing. The MAN is 24 years old playing in his 6th year. Went from GW to Quinnipiac to Texas A&M back to Quinnipiac. Unbelievable. Putting up good numbers back at his old school. 

1/06/2022 6:38 pm  #105

Brod, I had seen that too, amazing, he's 24 still playing, and at Quinnipiac.

Looks like Brayon Freeman is destined to be in this top 3 HS recruits since 2013, Battle, Yuta, and Freeman.

12/22/2022 4:25 pm  #106

Not serious post. Our guys are playing with great battle. We are just missing this Battle.
https://bleacherreport.com/post/college-basketball/11b2b97c-347d-46b5-be66-032d5c85f86d

3/02/2023 9:35 pm  #107

Beats Rutgers with a last-second 3 in Minneapolis, and then gives his mom (think that’s who it was) a big hug courtside. Good for him! Tough season for the Gophers.

3/02/2023 10:40 pm  #108

I watched this, Rutgers choked this game away, they led by about 10 with just over a minute left. Minnesota had lost 12 straight games and only had 1 conference win. Battle's production had gone down this season due to a nagging injury he suffered before the season, so it's been a tough season all around for Minnesota and Battle as WisconsinColonial2021 pointed out. It took the refs about 20 minutes to determine whether Battle's shot counted, they weren't checking to see if he got it off in time but whether the clock operator started the clock on time when Minnesota inbounded the ball. I haven't seen referee's reviewing that before. 

3/02/2023 11:16 pm  #109

I watched the game as well.  The last minute was crazy.  Felt so good for Battle making that shot.  I really seemed like the refs were searching for some way to take the win away from Minn.  I'm interested in seeing what this loss does to Rutgers NCAA hopes.

3/02/2023 11:30 pm  #110

Good for Jamison, who seems to have had a rough year.

3/03/2023 9:48 am  #111

In case you didn't see this, Jameson hit 3 3's in the final minute, including the game winner, plus had a steal that led to an easy two point bucket for one of his teammates.  Played like a one man wrecking crew.

Meanwhile, Rutgers has won 2 of its last 7, obviously feeling the effects of losing Mawot Mag for the season.  They would do themselves a big favor by beating Northwestern on Sunday.  If not, they should definitely need a win in the B10 tournament to go dancing.

3/03/2023 10:29 am  #112

*Jamison

3/03/2023 1:14 pm  #113

I am a big fan of Steve Pikell but this loss is on him.  He let or failed to instruct his players not to let Minnesota roll the ball down the court about 40 feet with about five seconds to play. Had Rutgers been more aggressive on defense simply forcing Minnesota to inbound the ball near the baseline instead of rolling it in to save time, Battle's last second shot would not have been nearly in time.

4/06/2023 11:55 am  #114

Ohio State Buckeyes land key transfer from Big Ten rival (msn.com)

i assume/hope that he is a Grad Transfer
having spent 2 years at GW then 2 years at Minnesota

Last edited by Basketball Jones (4/06/2023 11:57 am)

2/22/2024 10:17 pm  #115

21 points and 5 made threes in Jamison's return to Minnesota. You could hear the boos from the crowd every time he touched the ball. In the two OSU-Minnesota games it looked like he didn't leave on good terms. Then again, that's just the way things go with the transfer portal nowadays. It's crazy to think now that he may have had a better chance making the tournament had he stayed home (although odds probably still long).

Board footera