GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/13/2023 3:52 pm  #221

Re: 2023 Transfer Portal Szn

@Andrew__Slater
UConn transfer G Nahiem Alleyne @Nahiem10 has already heard from:
Indiana
South Carolina
Georgia
St. Bonaventure
George Washington  
UMass

Last edited by Florida Colonial (4/13/2023 3:53 pm)

4/13/2023 3:53 pm  #222

Our frontline and final team roster isn’t exactly currently signed or committed right now. Might as well ask who’s winning in the first 5 minutes of a game.

4/13/2023 4:06 pm  #223

Florida Colonial wrote:

@Andrew__Slater
UConn transfer G Nahiem Alleyne @Nahiem10 has already heard from:
Indiana
South Carolina
Georgia
St. Bonaventure
George Washington  
UMass

We were in touch with him when he transferred from VTech, right?

4/14/2023 6:50 am  #224

Transfers by conference adjusted by the number of players.  The A-10 moves from worst to middle of the pack.

https://twitter.com/EvanMiya/status/1646561384308539409

4/14/2023 7:48 am  #225

𝒜𝓃𝒹𝓇ℯ𝓌 𝒮𝓁𝒶𝓉ℯ𝓇 @Andrew__Slater
11h
Former Providence ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ G Quante Berry @quante_berry , who played for @BMazeElite & @wschristian_mbb, has heard from: 👀
Temple
ECU
Wichita St
Iona
FIU
Western Carolina
St. Bonaventure
George Washington
St. Joe’s
Tennessee Tech
UNCW
Jacksonville St
@CerebroSports twitter.com/Andrew__Slater…

4/14/2023 4:54 pm  #226

4/14/2023 5:06 pm  #227

Shouldn’t he have to sit out under the new rules? Hard to believe he’s graduated after 3 schools in 3 years.

4/14/2023 6:04 pm  #228

1) Hopefully the fifth time is the charm for Joe (he originally committed to Northwestern out of HS) and he's able to complete his degree at VCU. I can't imagine it's easy to transfer credits going from school to school.

2) I'll believe that the NCAA is going to uphold their rules when I see it. If I remember correctly, didn't Joe cite mental health reasons for going to Oklahoma? The combination of returning home and saying the same thing should grant him immediate eligibility.

3) I actually hope he's immediately eligible because I want to see him go up against JB (I guess there's the matchup against Benny as well). We never got the revenge game against Bray last season which made the URI game less interesting given their personnel.

4) VCU seems like a perfect fit for Joe unlike Oklahoma (based on style of play + level of competition). The one question I have is how things will change with Odom in charge. At least he seems to be okay playing in transition unlike Moser. Regardless, the jury is still out when it comes to Joe being able to play in an actual structured offense. Ram fans will be excited when he's open in transition but they should also get ready to see some boneheaded plays where he jacks up a three that he shouldn't.

5) Honestly unlike Bray I'm actually not as up in arms about Bamisile playing for another A10 team. Happy for him and wish him luck in all games except against GW. It's a new era in CBB. I actually wonder what CC thinks about taking interconference transfers. The WRGW folks should ask him that next time.

4/14/2023 6:17 pm  #229

Wish him well personally in whatever he's looking for. Was in the A-10 two teams ago.
But since he is going to an in-conference opponent, hope that during league games, and especially
against us, he adds to his dunk blooper reel.

4/14/2023 7:57 pm  #230

I really really don't like him going to VCU personally. I think he was fortunate to get a transfer waiver last year, so it should be more difficult for him to get one this year. He is a very likable character and a person I would absolutely want associated with my school if we leave basketball aside. But transferring within the conference, especially to a local school, seriously rubs me the wrong way. Maybe that is the nature of the new era of college basketball but I am not a fan in this instance.

Also you simply cannot be anywhere close to graduating on time when going to 4 schools in 4 years. Joe is really smart and if he found the right school at his first (or second) stop he could be an amazing ambassador for the ideal student athlete at that school. I will always have a soft spot for him but I just can't get on board with him going to VCU.

4/16/2023 10:17 am  #231

This tweet says we are “in the mix” for Ish Massoud, who played with Max at K St.   However, he’s taking officials to New Mexico and Fordham (he’s from NYC) so not sure if we really have a shot.

https://twitter.com/DushawnLondon1/status/1647616039767662594?t=yKq8OhKuz9ZcG3XtcmxWoA&s=19

4/16/2023 10:54 am  #232

4/16/2023 10:58 am  #233

Love Max as a player for many reasons.
And you gotta love his recruiting effort.

4/16/2023 10:59 am  #234

gwstudent2024 wrote:

I really really don't like him going to VCU personally. I think he was fortunate to get a transfer waiver last year, so it should be more difficult for him to get one this year. He is a very likable character and a person I would absolutely want associated with my school if we leave basketball aside. But transferring within the conference, especially to a local school, seriously rubs me the wrong way. Maybe that is the nature of the new era of college basketball but I am not a fan in this instance.

Also you simply cannot be anywhere close to graduating on time when going to 4 schools in 4 years. Joe is really smart and if he found the right school at his first (or second) stop he could be an amazing ambassador for the ideal student athlete at that school. I will always have a soft spot for him but I just can't get on board with him going to VCU.

Joe should have no problem getting a waiver because I believe he was pushed out.

I don't know how this can rub you the wrong way. Joe really left GW because of the coaching change. He didn't just leave GW. All the other stuff was just for the waiver. Should he have stayed? Maybe. But you can't hold it against the kid if he goes elsewhere and then later decides to go to VCU. I can assure you he didn't leave GW with an eye to playing at VCU one day. It was GW who initiated the process. You take the good with the bad. Joe is fine and we are fine.

4/16/2023 12:14 pm  #235

GWRising wrote:

Joe should have no problem getting a waiver because I believe he was pushed out.

Not so sure about that Rising. The new guidelines say for a second transfer they’ll only consider physical injury, a mental health condition, and exigent circumstances like sexual assault or abuse. No other factors will be considered, including academic considerations or playing time.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ncaa-council-votes-to-limit-eligibility-for-second-time-transfers-to-curb-ballooning-portal-usage/amp/

4/16/2023 3:20 pm  #236

I think if they don't renew your scholarship that is still a factor. It's not lack of playing time. In any event, he will likely find a way to play next year. Anyone can get GW69 to write them a letter. (I am kidding GW69).

4/17/2023 1:14 pm  #237

MG14 wrote:

Vanderbilt forward Myles Stute is transferring. Went to Gonzaga HS and GW offered him a scholarship at that time.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4433340/myles-stute

South Carolina https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/status/1648023528006975489?s=20

We'll get a chance to go up against him next year in Columbia.

4/18/2023 10:42 am  #238

N.C. State lands Clemson transfer Ben Middlebrooks.

On to the next guy

4/18/2023 10:47 am  #239

=     
@A10Vault  
Myles Foster update. I spoke with him today and he will have a Zoom with @GW_MBB this week and will be visiting Temple this weekend. I recently spoke with Myles Foster about the schools that have recently reached out to him. Here is a list of A-10 schools that are in the mix.  George Mason, GW, URI, Bonnies and SLU   11:34 AM · Apr 18, 2023=inherit·=inherit=14px=inherit768=inherit=inheritViews

Last edited by Florida Colonial (4/18/2023 10:49 am)

4/18/2023 11:20 am  #240

Ben Middlebrooks to NC St.  Hopefully he’s not the ACC post Rising thought we were close to landing. 

Oddly, Middlebrooks committed today, but also Jack Clark announced today he’s going from NC St to Clemson.  So it’s kind of like the first trade in NCAA history.

Board footera