GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/08/2023 12:18 pm  #361

Re: 2023 Transfer Portal Szn

Well he is from Louisiana.

5/08/2023 12:32 pm  #362

Wells yes but I didn't think he would be the guy they would go after. Maybe Tulane,  La Tech etc.  But all the best to him

5/08/2023 12:33 pm  #363

Hunter Dean to LSU and Noel Brown to St Bonaventure would seem to be surprising. perhaps
putting it mildly.

5/08/2023 1:34 pm  #364

The A-10 seems to have held its own this transfer season.

https://twitter.com/SBUnfurled/status/1655596585877659648

Last edited by BM (5/08/2023 1:34 pm)

5/08/2023 7:02 pm  #365

He’ll probably go high major, but Andrew Taylor from a Marshall just entered the portal.  Seems like the exact kind of player we’d want to land in the backcourt - can really shoot and has a high assist rate.

He was an extremely high usage player so maybe he would my see us as the right fit depending on what he wants, but he’s a new portal entry I’ll be interested to follow wherever he goes.

5/09/2023 12:03 pm  #366

Mike Sharavjamts just entered the transfer portal two days before it closed.  He is a 6"8" wing who played 23 minutes a game for Dayton.  He averaged 5.6 points and while he shot just 39% from the field and 31% from three, he was just a freshman.  He had 83 assists versus 48 turnovers, numbers that I know Caputo would like.

While he may have his sights set higher, I wonder if the staff will make a play for him especially given the number of in-league transfers this year including the A-10. .

5/09/2023 1:28 pm  #367

[color=inherit]Trilly Donovan[/color][/url] [url=https://twitter.com/trillydonovan]@trillydonovan  It’s Temple vs. George Washington. Towson running behind those two. Expect him to Settle on one very soon.Quote Tweet       [color=inherit]GWFinalFour[/color] @GWFinalFour·28m@trillydonovan Are you hearing anything about which schools are frontrunners to land Howard's Steve Settle III?

5/09/2023 2:51 pm  #368

Sharavjamts is a talented guy but I suspect he will go elsewhere.

5/09/2023 4:05 pm  #369

Free Quebec wrote:

He’ll probably go high major, but Andrew Taylor from a Marshall just entered the portal.  Seems like the exact kind of player we’d want to land in the backcourt - can really shoot and has a high assist rate.

He was an extremely high usage player so maybe he would my see us as the right fit depending on what he wants, but he’s a new portal entry I’ll be interested to follow wherever he goes.

Rumors that he’s going to Ole Miss and domestic abuser Chris Beard.

5/09/2023 4:12 pm  #370

He’s talented, but was underwhelming as a freshman. He could be great in a couple of years, but he wasn’t as good as the hype - lots of turnovers and didn’t shoot well from outside.   Kind of an Omar Williams type tall PG (better jump shot but weaker inside/defense/boards).

Maybe as he gets stronger and gets more experience, he’ll become a force, but I suspect he’ll go pro (overseas or g league) before he fully develops in college.

5/09/2023 5:05 pm  #371

He actually played very well when Malachi Smith was injured.  As Smith's health improved, Sharavjamts's role seemed to diminish a bit and like many young players under similar circumstances would have, his confidence likely took a hit.

That said, am I the only one here who feels we presently have more than enough guards/wings for next season?  Let's remember that JB, and in all likelihood Max, are not about to become 28 minute/game players.

5/09/2023 5:47 pm  #372

I like Sharavjamts as a player and think he has nice upside moving forward but not sure there's a fit on either side. He probably wants the ball in his hands more and with potentially four ball handlers on the team there's quite a bit of competition at GW. On top of that, by all accounts he will be looking to jump at a pro opportunity once it presents itself. CC is doing the right thing by getting guys who can spend multiple years here (assuming the NCAA finally follows through with their transfer rules) and Mongolian Mike isn't likely to do that. He's going high major if he does choose to come back to college (I'm a bit surprised he didn't formally enter the portal sooner - looking at just pro opportunities doesn't seem like a good idea in case things fall through). Hopefully he picks a slightly more uptempo system if he returns. The Dayton system held him back somewhat.

Gwmayhem wrote:

That said, am I the only one here who feels we presently have more than enough guards/wings for next season?  Let's remember that JB, and in all likelihood Max, are not about to become 28 minute/game players.

I think there's a case to add one more (moneybox won't like hearing that lol). Who outside of Max do we feel good about as a shooter? Hopefully at least 2 emerge from the unprovens but it's not a guarantee.

CC did the right thing by adding young guys for the future (although we should try a bit more to add some experience this year for JB's sake) but it would have been nice if 1-2 of the transfers we've landed so far at least played a little bit at their last stop.

Signing three freshman point guards is interesting as well. I think Autry + hopefully Jones can play off the ball a bit but somehow it feels like almost a guarantee that one of the freshman guards transfers out after a year or two due to not having the ball in their hands enough (obviously I hope not, but it's hard not to consider). Interesting move by CC.

5/10/2023 3:47 pm  #373

Potential target Favour Aire is visiting Penn State this weekend

5/10/2023 6:01 pm  #374

Wasn't Settles from Howard visiting Temple today? If so, maybe he'll make a decision soon.

5/11/2023 8:38 am  #375

Maybe good news?

Zach B posted a picture of his Smoothie King that said "Commitment Smoothie"

5/11/2023 11:50 am  #376

Looks like that Zak B Tweet is from 2018.

5/11/2023 11:52 am  #377

It was on his Instagram story this morning. Not twitter and not from 2018. 3 hours ago

5/11/2023 3:16 pm  #378

That’s great. Also hope it is good news.

5/11/2023 3:31 pm  #379

GW73 wrote:

That’s great. Also hope it is good news.

As we've seen over and over it takes time for them to put together their commitment post or video. So it seems that's the delay we've seen when others have given us a hint about a commitment. The delay from the time the coaches know to the time we find out.

5/12/2023 11:03 am  #380

Board footera