GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/29/2023 7:05 am  #721

Re: GW New Moniker Discussion

Free Quebec wrote:

I think the name change is dumb, but the over the top snowflake whining from old men on this board is even worse.

YEP!

5/29/2023 8:02 am  #722

It would help immensely if we had a new transfer or recruit to talk about, but all is quiet on the eastern front.

5/29/2023 8:29 am  #723

FredD wrote:

Free Quebec wrote:

I think the name change is dumb, but the over the top snowflake whining from old men on this board is even worse.

YEP!

Sadly, whiners come in all ages.

5/29/2023 9:00 am  #724

I’m an old man before I even hit 30. Damn. They warned me this would happen if I didn’t eat my flintstones gummies every morning!

5/29/2023 9:31 am  #725

Free speech is dead?  Very funny. Criticize the criticizers brings unity. If people want to blow off steam. just let them. Sheeeze! If people don't want to hear it anymore just don't post on this item. And your right, the most important thing for GW basketball right now is that we need some Big men. Anxiety about this is pretty strong on the board that every morning we want to see some progress on this front. It's like waiting for when the Ukrainian offensive is going to begin.

5/29/2023 11:24 am  #726

I have expressed my disappointment in losing the name Colonials as I do not believe the reason for the name change is valid.   I guess if the name had to be changed, Revolutionairies is as good a name as any.   My true disppointment, however, is that when I sign on to this board, I wish I was reading more about recruiting news and an analysis of the teams strengths/weaknesses for next season rather than the team name.  (I am still stunned that we lost Hunter Dean).  I have nothing further to say on the subject of our name however.

Last edited by Long Suffering Fan (5/29/2023 11:25 am)

5/29/2023 12:34 pm  #727

I guess we will have to go the  Auburn and UVA route and have 2 monikers. One official and the other unofficial. So keep on using Colonials if you want to. 

5/29/2023 1:28 pm  #728

Its all ironic since the original petition said change the name to something less offensive like the Hippos.  I may not always be really PC but I do know calling the woman's sports teams the Hippos, gets offensive quickly.  Thas why the credibility of the authors should have been challenged from the start.

5/29/2023 2:22 pm  #729

In my not so humble opinion-some people need to learn how to complain more-and some people need to stop complaining so much.We all know who we are.If we don't know who we are ask a good  and honest friend.
They will tell you.

Last edited by GW69 (5/29/2023 2:48 pm)

7/25/2023 8:59 am  #730

Board footera