GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/12/2024 11:46 am  #21

Re: The All A10 Awards

Gwmayhem wrote:

Alum1 wrote:

Gwmayhem wrote:

Baffled by how Brown won Rookie of the Year after The Dude REPEATEDLY stated how at first, Garrett and Jun, and then eventually just Jun, was a lock to win the award.  Maybe The Dude has learned a lesson to stop posting again and again over things, especially things that he is more than capable of being wrong about (and almost always is).  OK, do you think that lesson has been learned?

Starting to wonder if The Dude might be the guy who writes the clownish announcements…you know, the “highest NET rating in GW history” nonsense.

Alum1, he's not, but he is the one to read things on gwsports.com and then post them here (including ridiculous statements like the one you cited).  Because apparently, he's unaware that each and every one of us also has access to gwsports.com.

Makes me think he works there, since he basically just posts md never interacts.

3/12/2024 12:17 pm  #22

The Dude wrote:

Bishop earns a postseason All-Conference honor for the third-straight season, becoming the first GW player to do so since Chris Monroe in 2001-2003. The third team honor mirrors his recognition in 2021-22, sandwiched around a first team selection last season.

The senior guard is third in the league in scoring at 18.3 ppg, his fourth-straight year finishing among the league's top three in points per game. He also averaged 4.4 assists per game to finish fourth in the A-10. He was the only player in the league to rank among the top five in both categories.

Akingbola is GW's first All-Defensive team honoree since Yuta Watanabe in 2018. The graduate center has been an imposing presence at the rim this year, leading the A-10 and ranking sixth nationally with 83 blocks. He is one shy of tying Yinka Dare's program record for blocks in a season (84) set in 1993-94.

Buchanan was one of the top players in the A-10 this season, let alone rookies as he finished eighth in the league with 15.7 ppg and seventh with 6.6 rpg.

LOL.  Literally lifted word for word from gwsports.com.  I realized this as soon as I read the word "mirrors", but had to double check to make sure.

3/12/2024 12:22 pm  #23

Alum1 wrote:

Gwmayhem wrote:

Alum1 wrote:

Starting to wonder if The Dude might be the guy who writes the clownish announcements…you know, the “highest NET rating in GW history” nonsense.

Alum1, he's not, but he is the one to read things on gwsports.com and then post them here (including ridiculous statements like the one you cited).  Because apparently, he's unaware that each and every one of us also has access to gwsports.com.

Makes me think he works there, since he basically just posts md never interacts.

Why would he interact with people who keep attacking him?  I thought we were not supposed to spend time on this board attacking posters.

3/12/2024 12:28 pm  #24

The real point is that many of us think DBJ got hosed.

3/12/2024 12:31 pm  #25

Free Quebec wrote:

Alum1 wrote:

Gwmayhem wrote:

Why would he interact with people who keep attacking him? I thought we were not supposed to spend time on this board attacking posters.

FQ, we're not.  But you know what?  We're also not supposed to serve as the board troll either.  We're not supposed to repeatedly make our points with no other agenda but to annoy.

And this season, I barely responded to him at all.  Because I was told that if I just ignored him, he would go away or stop being such a nuisance.  How'd that work out?

So yes.  After saying the same shit again and again only to be wrong about it, you bet he's going to hear about it.  Not to worry though.  He's probably gone crying to Barry by now and this post will likely be removed before GW tips off today.

3/12/2024 12:33 pm  #26

I'm curious to know what Dude's prediction is in the upcoming presidential election in November?

3/12/2024 1:00 pm  #27

GW’s players would have done much better in these awards if we had finished a respectable 9-9 instead of DFL, imho.

Btw, I don’t care about the personal animosities and personal insults. They are tedious and only serve to lower my enjoyment of this site, which is unfortunately my main source of  news and only forum to discuss GW MBB.

3/12/2024 1:25 pm  #28

Gwmayhem wrote:

Free Quebec wrote:

Alum1 wrote:

Why would he interact with people who keep attacking him? I thought we were not supposed to spend time on this board attacking posters.

FQ, we're not.  But you know what?  We're also not supposed to serve as the board troll either.  We're not supposed to repeatedly make our points with no other agenda but to annoy.

And this season, I barely responded to him at all.  Because I was told that if I just ignored him, he would go away or stop being such a nuisance.  How'd that work out?

So yes.  After saying the same shit again and again only to be wrong about it, you bet he's going to hear about it.  Not to worry though.  He's probably gone crying to Barry by now and this post will likely be removed before GW tips off today.

FQ is the proverbial sound of one hand clapping.

3/12/2024 6:07 pm  #29

Much deserved recognition for Stretch who has one of the great shot blocking seasons in program history

A rim protector we have not had in a long time

James deserved more deserved a better spot on the all-conference team deserve to go out with more wins deserve to have more talent around him.  His career wraps up as one of the great players in GW history

That neither he nor Chris Monroe won a majority of their games at GW had very little if nothing to do with their own greatness

As for Darren Buchanan Jr as fine a building block as we've had in a long time.

3/13/2024 4:24 pm  #30

Gwmayhem wrote:

Free Quebec wrote:

Alum1 wrote:

Gwmayhem, as you know, the reason I don't visit or post to this site very much is because, IMO, The Dude has ruined it.  His posts are like a bird-droppings splattered all over a nice car.  I think his posts are mindless, often provocative and usually uninformed, intended primarily to troll. 

I think the current board administrator has done a nice thing by maintaining the forum but it's apparently too difficult to stop the Dude (and his multiple personalities) from making it a mess.  I think you're right for calling him out as I know you're trying to make this a better and more informed place for GW fans.  However, I think the current management doesn't care if The Dude craps all over his site.  Or maybe he considers The Dude a valued board member of (doubtful, but possible if he likes hundreds of repetitive and stupid posts).

Last edited by Longing For Oscar-Real1 (3/13/2024 4:24 pm)

3/13/2024 5:41 pm  #31

LFO, I agree with you 110%.
I just hope I live long enough to see GW Basketball "rise" again and be competitive in whatever league we may be in. I also miss the wisdom, opinions, humor and insider information of many of our old posters who stopped following/posting long ago for the same reasons previously stated.

3/13/2024 7:22 pm  #32

I stopped caring about this award thing after Peyton Manning didn't win the Heisman Trophy. What a joke. And I hear Loyola is complaining about not having enough individual awards after tying for first place with Richmond. Heck, they have a good TEAM. 

Board footera