GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/14/2020 2:19 pm  #1

Roster and Scholarship Spreadsheet

Folks, I've been asked to post the link to the A-10 scholarship and roster spreadsheet that someone (I have no clue who) created years and years ago.  It's actually available in the GW Hoops Links folder, but I've attached a link here to that folder.

B.

https://gwhoops.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=8

4/14/2020 2:20 pm  #2

Re: Roster and Scholarship Spreadsheet

4/14/2020 2:32 pm  #3

This has some actual and potential mistakes as it pertains to GW. Hunter Dean will be eligible in December 2020 as sophomore (eligibility-wise) making him in the same class as Chase, Jameer, Jamison etc. Also, It is likely that James Bishop will be immediately eligible making him also in that class. Further, if Amir medically redshirts next year, he will move to that class as well.

4/14/2020 3:44 pm  #4

Rising, it's an open, crowd-sourced file so feel free to correct and add!

4/14/2020 7:15 pm  #5

Does anyone know the source of the information that has caused Amir Harris to be listed as a medical redshirt for next season?

4/14/2020 7:22 pm  #6

Or why the question mark next to Javy?    I was never a big Javy fan, but I would hate so see him leave.   I think he can be a solid bench player his senior year.  Just please, leave the 3 point shooting for the playground.

4/14/2020 7:31 pm  #7

Long Suffering Fan wrote:

Does anyone know the source of the information that has caused Amir Harris to be listed as a medical redshirt for next season?

I am a bit confused about Amir's health.  I know there have been a lot of references to it, but is there anything official about what the injury was?

4/14/2020 9:07 pm  #8

Well we are one over the scholarship number so someone has to go. The smart money is betting that its Javy but no confirmation. As to Amir, it's common knowledge around the program that he is injured and most likely will not play next year. Don't know whether Amir spilled the beans or someone else did. If that's correct, then a medical redshirt would seem likely although again not confirmed.

4/14/2020 9:10 pm  #9

I am starting to worry that we may have "damaged goods" with Amir due to his chronic knee issues, and that his days on the bench due to injury will outnumber his days on the Court, just like _____________________ fill iln your own skilled but chronically injured Colonial.   (My answer would be Max Blank, but I am sure that there were many others over the years).   

Last edited by Long Suffering Fan (4/14/2020 9:12 pm)

4/14/2020 9:18 pm  #10

Jameer Nelson made a lot of money in his career. Any chance JNJ is not on scholarship?

4/14/2020 9:30 pm  #11

Hugh wrote:

Jameer Nelson made a lot of money in his career. Any chance JNJ is not on scholarship?

As of March he was on scholarship. If something changed and we could keep one more that would be a hell of thing for JN Sr. to have offered to do. But we don't have any information to suggest that happened..

4/15/2020 6:35 am  #12

GWRising wrote:

Hugh wrote:

As of March he was on scholarship. If something changed and we could keep one more that would be a hell of thing for JN Sr. to have offered to do. But we don't have any information to suggest that happened..

I think some radio show last offseason asked JC about trying to convince JNJ to play as a walk-on to open up another scholarship.  JC said that he would never do that because JNJ played well enough to earn a scholarship so he should get one even though his dad is a rich former athlete.

4/15/2020 8:26 am  #13

GW0509 wrote:

GWRising wrote:

Hugh wrote:

I think some radio show last offseason asked JC about trying to convince JNJ to play as a walk-on to open up another scholarship.  JC said that he would never do that because JNJ played well enough to earn a scholarship so he should get one even though his dad is a rich former athlete.

Makes sense and good to know (and agree with JC's philosophy). Was just curious if it was a possible explanation for being one over the limit at the moment.

4/15/2020 10:33 am  #14

Quick question about Hunter Dean - since he transferred in fall 2019 and picks up eligibility for spring 2021, does that mean he gets to play three seasons after playing a half season this upcoming year?

4/15/2020 10:59 am  #15

trops_fc wrote:

Quick question about Hunter Dean - since he transferred in fall 2019 and picks up eligibility for spring 2021, does that mean he gets to play three seasons after playing a half season this upcoming year?

No. He will have 2 1/2 seasons under current rules. The half season next year counts as a whole season.

Board footera