GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/15/2020 11:34 am  #21

Re: 2022 Recruits

Evan Flood@Evan_Flood[/url] Westosha Central/@WisconsinPGC 2022 shooting guard Jack Rose has heard from Marquette, George Washington, Southern Illinois, Loyola (IL), Belmont, and Miami (OH) so far.[url=https://t.co/wHVPUKZPOP] Jack RoseJohn Dodds and Wisconsin PGC 2022 12:27pm · 15 Jun 2020 · Twitter for Android

6/15/2020 12:30 pm  #22

Jacob Polacheck @JacobPolacheck30m 2022 forward Darren Buchanan Jr. has heard from George Washington and James Madison since midnight. @jayy_showtime
Andrew Force @AndrewForce8
1m
'22 Cade Pendleton (East Hamilton HS, TN) heard from: George Washington, Air Force, Elon, Cornell, Dartmouth and Bethune-Cookman this morning. Furman, UNLV, Valpo, Chattanooga joined by lunchtime.

6/15/2020 12:54 pm  #23

Jacob Polacheck @JacobPolacheck 2m 
2022 point guard Dior Conners has heard from Evansville, Appalachian State, George Washington, Western Carolina State, Youngstown State and Western Michigan since midnight. @DiorUndefeated

boc. @coachboc 1h 
Since Midnight 22’ G Kareem Watson has heard from Stony Brook, UPenn, Air Force, Drexel, Lehigh, & George Washington #RunWithWest

boc. @coachboc 1h 
Since Midnight 22’ 6’6 W Nasir Griffin has heard from VCU, Drexel, LaSalle, Cal State Bakersfield, New Mexico State, Wagner, Del State, Air Force, Stony Brook, Elon, Holy Cross, Hofstra, UPenn, Lehigh, and George Washington #RunWithWest

Nick Johnson @NickyJallday 3m 
Princeton, Louisiana, Weber State, Air Force, Kent State, Charlotte, Yale, UC San Diego, Texas Rio Grande Valley, Drexel, George Washington, and Wake Forest have all reached out to 2022 7'0 Center Mason Hanback

Jacob Polacheck @JacobPolacheck 11m 
George Washington has reached out to the following 2022 prospects: Ben Roy, Gabe Moss, Denver Anglin, Otega Oweh, Kyle Cuffe Jr. @BenRoy0 @AnglinDenver @OtegaOweh @kylecuffejr

Ryan James @RyanJamesMN 13m 
6'9 Wayzata Power Forward Carter Bjerke, a 2022, has heard from Dartmouth, Stanford, South Dakota State, North Dakota, Wyoming, St. Thomas, and George Washington so far today.

Courtney Asher Smith @CourtneyHoops90 2m 
Virginia Tech, Western Kentucky and George Washington have contacted 2022 F Braden Ilic (Morristown East).

Ari Rosenfeld @ARosenfeldHoops 14m 
2022 @WeR1Basketball guard Elmarko Jackson tells me he’s heard from California, Brown, Harvard, La Salle, Elon, UPenn, Holy Cross, George Washington, Columbia, and Wagner since the contact period began at midnight

6/15/2020 8:36 pm  #24

Jacob Polacheck @JacobPolacheck 31m 
2022 forward Abdou-Halil Barre has been contacted by LSU, USF, Bryant, George Washington, LSU, Georgia and Nebraska. @HalilChabi

6/16/2020 7:10 am  #25

Andrew Slater @Andrew__Slater 16h 
4-star Jameel Brown ’22 @JameelBrown1 of @TeamFinalEYBL & @HaverfordSchool has heard from Villanova, Miami, ND, Virginia, Nebraska, Ohio State, Northwestern, Marquette, Butler, UPenn, Purdue, La Salle, GW, Stanford, Auburn, UMass and Bryant have offered so far today.

Calvin Coolidge Senior High School @CoolidgeBBall 9h 
(2022) 6’8 Stephaun Walker has heard from South Carolina, UVA, SE LA, Maryland, Akron, GW, Georgetown, SJU, Air Force, Seton Hall, Bryant, Hampton, Mount, JMU, Rider, George Mason, & Richmond so far...

Recruiting activity in California. Coach Bousley doing a great job starting to build a pipeline out west. I believe Hammond is currently attending his high school Campbell Hall in Studio City (Los Angeles).

Jacob Polacheck
 @JacobPolacheck 6h 
2022 guard Miles Byrd has heard from the following schools: George Washington, Cal Baptist, Stanford, Cornell, Cal Poly, UCSB, Pepperdine, Princeton, San Jose St, Boise St, Utah St, UC Davis, Santa Clara, Hawaii, and Yale. @_mbyrd21

West Coast Elite @wceua 7h 
Phones buzzing for our 2022’s
Aidan Mahaney #WestCoastElite
UCLA, Northwestern, Saint Marys, Virginia, Texas, Yale, GW, Cal, Oregon, Stanford, USC, Princeton, BYU, Cal Poly, LMU, Austin Peay & more. 

Khamani Nelson #WestCoastElite
Washington State, UCSD, Stanford, Southern Utah, UTSA, Columbia, Portland, Arizona State, GW, UC Riverside, & more.

Chris Hammond #WestCoastElite
GW, Pepperdine, Harvard, UCSB, Cornell, NAU, Idaho, Bucknell, Yale, Cal Poly, & more.

6/16/2020 7:32 am  #26

I can't believe the number of 2022 recruits on our radar!  Truly impressive, and huge credit once again to the staff for the hustle.  They obviously demand it on the court and are showing it off the court too.  

Wide range of prospects too, from guys only small schools are currently after (who may blow up next year) to those who the Big Boys are also after.  

6/16/2020 9:36 am  #27

Question for the recruiting experts out there.  It's logical to think that a player would either like to play close to their hometown so that family and friends can come to many games, play outside of their home market to "get away from home", but not so far that it makes it more difficult and expensive for family to visit and vice versa, or simply don't factor this into their decision which makes a west coast player traveling east every bit as viable as any other recruiting situation.  When you look at these interested schools for western players, most are located out west with just a handful of east coast schools participating.  That could be a big advantage for GW, but the question I have is whether attempts are made before recruiting players out west to determine whether the player is open to playing on the east coast.  It seems that if you had no idea whether a west coast player would consider moving east, you would be taking a lot of "swings and misses" which would make me question the wisdom of focusing a lot of recruiting attention out west.  But, if you did know that the player would consider playing in the east, then this could be a solid pipeline.  So again, the question is whether coaches know before they begin recruiting a west coast player whether the player is open to moving to the east coast, or do they generally not know this and are just hoping to sell their program 3,000 miles away.  

6/16/2020 10:42 am  #28

Good question GWmayhem. I would say that generally that question is sure to come up before an actual offer is sent out to the recruit (although recruits can lie to earn the offer and generate more buzz). Coaches generally would love to know as early as possible if distance plays a role, but in this climate showing off scholarship offers and racking them up generates more buzz so most tend not to cut teams off until very late in the process (in the case of a team like us, an A10 offer or interest can definitely generate some interest from other programs).

During the initial contact period, other non-geographical factors of fit are discussed. Something that this staff in particular tends to do is not offer a prospect until they have visited campus so they get a feel of what the atmosphere is like (times have changed a bit lately of course though). Hammond for example has already taken an unofficial last summer and has been followed by Coach Bousley for a while now. It definitely helps to have a California native on the staff, and I would say from the player perspective, you are simply just going to get more coverage/visibility on the east coast even at a school like GW than out west (Pac-12 schools are an exception, as are some schools in the Mountain West like San Diego State, Nevada, and UNLV especially when they have a good year). CA of course has so much talent that I think players by default have to make that challenging decision if they want that visibility (academics, coaching staff, and player development often play a bigger role than geography, although each player is different in how they value those four things), and of course GW has academics to sell as well. I think it might be tougher for us in the early going as we are still working our way back to where we want to be, but once we are competitive again I do believe that we will be seen as a more desirable destination, and it is wise to start building those relationships now. Personally, I am glad that we are branching out a lot more than we did in the past, because GW is in such a unique location.

Julius V. @JuliusVElite0 25m 
2022 Scotty Washington 6’5 CG has heard from Illinois, Seattle U, GCU, Hawaii, San Diego St, St. Louis, Boise St, Pepperdine, Georgetown, Portland, San Diego, George Washington, Austin Peay, Air Force, UNC Charlotte, Nevada, Milwaukee, & Utah St since June 15 @CAStarsWay 

Some northeast recruiting today:

Zack Sandberg @ZackSandberg 31m 
2022 @WA_VBB forward Abdullah Mahamed has heard from Pitt, UMass, Temple, ECU, Loyola-Chicago, Elon, Princeton, George Washington in addition to his Bryant offer, a source tells @NERRHoops 

Zack Sandberg @ZackSandberg 48m 
2022 @WA_VBB guard Dan Becil has heard from coaches at George Washington, Holy Cross, Dartmouth, Princeton & Chicago, a source tells @NERRHoops

6/16/2020 12:54 pm  #29

Ari Rosenfeld@ARosenfeldHoops 2022 @HillBBasketball and @PhillyPrideAAU forward Gabe Moss received new offers from Drexel and Bryant, and also heard from Delaware, Penn, Davidson, Lehigh, St. Joe’s, La Salle, George Washington, and New Mexico since the start of the contact period, his coach tells me

6/17/2020 10:20 am  #30

Kyle Neddenriep @KyleNeddenriep 1h 
Adding to this: Brebeuf Jesuit's Billy Smith (2022), averaged 13.1 points last year and 41 percent from 3, has heard from Ball State, Valparaiso, Air Force, Belmont, Elon, George Washington, Grand Canyon, Miami (Ohio) and Morehead State since Monday.

ScoopmanTV @scoopmantv 9m 
2022 guard Lou Hutchinson (@LouHutch2022) is headed to IMG Academy (FL) to play for the national team. He has schools such as Florida State, George Washington, George Mason, Charlotte, Mount St. Mary's & more following him.

Nick Jones @CoachJonesMPB 33m 
Gardner Webb, Tennessee Tech and George Washington are the latest to express interest in 6’8 F 2022 Elijah Gray @elijahagray @TeamCurry

jake lieberman @jakelieberman2 10m 
Adam Walden (@AdamWalden20) tells me that George Washington, Saint Mary's, La Salle, #Princeton, and others are showing current interest. He holds offers from Hofstra, Bryant, and Marist.

jake lieberman @jakelieberman2 4h 
Rising junior, Dylan Williams (@Dywill03) tells me that George Washington is now showing interest. Other programs that are showing interest are Florida, Charleston, Winthrop, Georgia State, Columbia, and others.

Jack Herron @jwherron10 Jun 22 
2022 6’10 Spencer Hamilton of Parry McLeur has heard from Liberty, GW, UMBC and UVA over the past week, per source #VaHoops

6/17/2020 12:34 pm  #31

Wow.   That’s a lot of names.

I can think of a few California players we’ve landed over the years.   Marquis Chandler, Aaron Ware, Rashid Hazzard, and I think Jonathan Davis come to mind.  Who am I forgetting?

7/15/2020 12:51 pm  #32

7/16/2020 6:25 am  #33

Everett Hoops @everetthoops 8h 
6' 7" guard Thomas Haugh (@ThomasHaugh4) from New Oxford HS (PA) has great length for a guard, the ability to block shots, and great court vision, He picked up an offer from Mt. St Mary's this week. Interest from Belmont, GW, Boston U, Holy Cross, Lafayette, Princeton, + others

7/24/2020 9:55 am  #34

iYou[/url][url=https://twitter.com/iSeeYouReport]@iSeeYouReport[/url] Mr.iSeeYou ( MVP ) has heard from Pittsburgh , George Washington , Lasalle, Murray State, Radford, VCU, while picking up a offer from Texas A&M .. #iSeeYou [url=https://twitter.com/kclary_]Kanye Clary  @kclary_    10:45am · 24 Jul 2020 · Twitter for iPhone1

7/26/2020 12:03 pm  #35

Everett Hoops @everetthoops 13h 
Julian Norris Jr. (@DevonNorris15) told me he’s recently been in contact with WKU, Tulsa, Purdue, Missouri, Illinois, George Washington and Miami (OH). Julian is a talented 6’,3” 2022 guard who attended Evansville Bosse High school this past season.

7/27/2020 8:46 am  #36

Everett Hoops @everetthoops 10h 
Christian Winborne (@polothedon__) a guard from Gilman School (MD) tells me that some schools showing interest include: Tulsa, George Washington, Georgia, Maryland, and Richmond. Winborne holds offers from Xavier, Kansas State, UMass, Howard and others.

7/30/2020 1:23 pm  #37

jake lieberman@jakelieberman2 Also, Parm tells me that Cal Baptist, Rice, George Washington, Stanford, and Cal are also showing interest. And add Cal Poly to teams that have offered him. 

jake lieberman @jakelieberman2 2022 guard Shyheim Parm (@shymoney03) tells me that Idaho State, Pepperdine, San Diego, San Diego State, Cal Poly, and others have been in contact. Parm holds offers from Arizona and Northern Arizona.

2:22pm · 30 Jul 2020 · Twitter Web App

Last edited by BM (7/30/2020 1:24 pm)

7/31/2020 6:14 am  #38

Everett Hoops @everetthoops 8h 
Paul Lewis (@iampaullewis_) a guard out of Bishop O'Connell HS (VA) tells me that Howard and George Washington are showing interest. Lewis has offers from: Bryant, Georgetown, Cleveland State, East Carolina, Old Dominion, James Madison, and Maryland.

8/03/2020 9:36 pm  #39

jake lieberman @jakelieberman2 2h 
2022 player Justin Perry (@justinperry0620) tells me that George Washington, Bucknell, Toledo, Miami (OH), Liberty, Boston U, Virginia, and others are showing interest.

8/04/2020 3:00 pm  #40

Tre Jackson@knowledge_hoops 2022 Guard Trey Thomas tells me he’s heard from Texas, West Virginia, Southern Utah, UCF, Rutgers, UNC Charlotte, Drexel, Rhode Island, Oklahoma State, George Washington, Mount St. Marys, James Madison, and Bryant recently. @treythomaas1 @WisePumaSports @teamdurantaau  3:34pm · 4 Aug 2020 · Twitter for iPhone1Reply3Retweets5Likes

Board footera