GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/24/2019 12:01 am  #1

Recruit: Jacob Hutson, Center, 2020 - (Committed to Loyola Chicago)

Jacob Hutson
Year: 2020
Position: C
Height: 6-10
Hometown: Edina, MN
High School: Edina HS (Edina, MN)
AAU Team: Minnesota Fury (MN)

Offers: Akron, Appalachian State, Ball State, Bradley, Elon, Illinois State, Loyola Chicago, Milwaukee, Minnesota-Duluth (D2), North Dakota, Northeastern, Northern Iowa, St. Bonaventure, Southern Illinois, Stetson, Valparaiso, Wofford

Links
247Sports
HoopSeen
Hudl
MaxPreps
Prep Hoops
Twitter Account
Verbal Commits
Video

GW Offer Tweet

Last edited by dmvpiranha (9/27/2019 8:54 am)

8/04/2019 6:15 pm  #2

Re: Recruit: Jacob Hutson, Center, 2020 - (Committed to Loyola Chicago)

Since we offered on 5/27, Hutson has picked up 15 division 1 offers, but as of now all offers have been A10 and lower. Assuming he doesn't absolutely blow up (I wouldn't be surprised if some power conference schools in the midwest offer soon), I hope our interest in him early on pays off. At that time, his only other D1 offer was North Dakota. Of those we have offered so far, his stock has risen probably the most.

8/16/2019 11:40 am  #3

Ryan James
@RyanJamesMN
6'9 Jacob Hutson of Edina/@mnfuryboys is a top ten prospect in Minnesota's very talented class of 2020 players. Here is his upcoming visit list:

Bradley - August 30
Loyola - Sept 6
Northern Iowa - Sept 13
George Washington - Sept 20
And one more open

9/18/2019 8:19 am  #4

Ryan James @RyanJamesMN
12h
2020 6'10 Edina/@mnfuryboys big Jacob Hutson will take an official visit to Northwestern in two weekends.

9/18/2019 5:40 pm  #5

I don't know if Jamion has a track record of over-recruiting, but we don't have any open scholarships as it stands for 2020 with Noel Brown's commitment, but a big who can stretch out to the three point line is always a welcome addition.

Northwestern has 4 scholarships open so I would imagine they could be favorites to land him, especially since he doesn't have any other power 6 offers. He might be able to get playing time right away next season as the Wildcats project to be the worst team in their conference this season pretty easily. Their team this year will feature the #1 college lacrosse player in the country who decided to put his pro career on hold to play college basketball his senior year.

Still, pretty encouraging we made the final list of a recruit from the midwest, and that we are the only school on his final list not in the midwest. I would say that bodes well for our recruiting even outside the DC area moving forward.

9/19/2019 5:46 am  #6

Iowa will be at Edina tomorrow to see 6'10 2020 center Jacob Hutson. @Minnehutjr averaged 19 a game in the Lake Conference last year, has earned about 20 D1 offers so far.

9/19/2019 3:58 pm  #7

If Hutson ends up visiting GW this weekend as per the above schedule, we’ll know JC is over-recruiting. If Hutson doesn’t visit, I’d look to me like we gave the scholarship to Brown and Hutson has re-opened his recruitment hence the Northwestern and Iowa interests.

Last edited by BM (9/20/2019 1:31 pm)

9/19/2019 6:27 pm  #8

Yeah and given how JC has recruited since he got here it would seem odd for him to bring in two bigs in one class. He did say in a past interview that he wants to play through the post more at GW than he did at either MSM or Siena, but it still projects to be very much a perimeter-oriented attack.

I believe each player is granted five official visits, and Hutson has used three with Bradley, Loyola Chicago, and Northern Iowa. From the tweet a few posts above, we were the fourth school on that list and he had one more open which he is using for Northwestern. If things go well this weekend (assuming he is still visiting) that final visit could always be canceled, but nowadays a final list doesn't necessarily mean another school can't emerge as a contender late. Iowa could always bring him in for an unofficial and offer him like JC has done with a few prospects here.

We didn't even offer Chase yet when he announced his final list of schools (he was down to Temple, UMBC, Xavier, Nebraska, and George Mason) so anything can really happen.

9/20/2019 11:49 am  #9

I wonder if he’s on Campus? Maybe that’s why they scheduled Lincoln Ball’s at the same time

9/27/2019 7:45 am  #10

Loyola Chicago.  I’m not sure he even visited us after the Noel Brown commitment

Board footera