GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/22/2019 10:31 am  #1

Why this site was created

As a long-time user of GWHoops.com, I truly appreciate what was done by Herve all these years.  The dedication he has provided, the patience he has shown, and frankly the commitment to the GW Hoops fan experience is beyond compare.  If Herve would like to take over this board or simply become an administrator, I'm happy to make that happen.  

So, why this site?  GWHoops has become unbearable.  The fighting, name calling, insulting, and incredibly disrespectful comments have actually ruined my interest in coming to the site.  Now, with GW basketball entering a new era, I want to be an active fan, and to me that requires getting the news that is legitimately shared on the GWHoops board.  

I have no idea if anyone will come and use this site, but I'm setting this up so that if anyone feels the same way I do, that this site is here.  Bookmark www.GWHoops.boardhost.com if you like the idea of trying this site out.  If it doesn't work and you would rather put up with the obnoxious behavior on GWHoops, so be it.

There is only one rule on this site:  Don't be an ass.  Being an ass will get you banned...that's it.

Thanks and Go Colonials!

Barry Feil
Admin

7/22/2019 12:11 pm  #2

Re: Why this site was created

Please email me if you need any help.

7/22/2019 3:28 pm  #3

Thank you Barry

7/22/2019 3:48 pm  #4

Thank you.  

I had actually given up on the old board for the most part before ML was fired because almost no one wanted to talk hoops anymore.  I used to write about opposing teams, but almost no one even commented any more. Just personal attacks and grumbling about everything.  The last straw for me was the fact that at the start of the NIT, my attemtps to engage in discussions of the first two games, were met with nothing but negativity (until, we suddenly went on a run, then everyone was into it again).   And all that was before it became unbearable in between the Post article about ML and Nero's firing - and then even more unbearable with all the personal stuff and fake names recently. 

I'm willing to try to re-engage on this site, and hopefully we'll get people here who actually want to talk hoops.  

7/22/2019 4:08 pm  #5

Job well done. Nice to see Poog on the member list.

7/22/2019 4:43 pm  #6

FQ,
I know  BGF (administrator) is planning on policing posts that don't add to the topic. I have offered to help in any way as we all want to keep this as great place for us to chat about GW Hoops. 

7/22/2019 4:46 pm  #7

Barry glad to see familiar name.  Glenn

7/22/2019 5:06 pm  #8

I don't belong to facebook or twitter etc.  The only place I post is on Herve's site - which is truly poisoned and now this site.  Is the entire internet as poisonous as Herve;s site as become?   Sure seems that way to me.

7/22/2019 6:09 pm  #9

Barry,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I was about to leave gwhoops for good.

7/22/2019 11:26 pm  #10

Florida Colonial wrote:

FQ,
I know  BGF (administrator) is planning on policing posts that don't add to the topic. I have offered to help in any way as we all want to keep this as great place for us to chat about GW Hoops. 

Happy to help, too.

7/23/2019 4:02 pm  #11

I don't know shit about shit.  But I am also happy to help.  Hopefully this works out.  Thanks for doing this, Barry.

7/23/2019 7:38 pm  #12

It seems the the Herve has bowed out.  All bow to Herve and give thanks for all his hard work.  I'm sure the last few years have become a real slog for him.   May all the haters on the old board stew in their own vile juices.

7/23/2019 9:34 pm  #13

This is great news.  Thank you for your leadership.  Over the years I've worried that maybe the old site was making our school look bad.  I've thought that maybe all the trolling was organized by fans of another school like VCU.  Who knows.  But anyway, thank you again. 

8/11/2023 6:52 pm  #14

BUMP. 
Well this is wild to see so many familiar usernames.  After herve killed gwhoops.com, I relied on twitter for all this.  Twitter lacks by comparison so I'm glad to finally join here.   Yes we still pester herve. Constantly. 

8/14/2023 11:37 am  #15

BCD wrote:

BUMP. 
Well this is wild to see so many familiar usernames.  After herve killed gwhoops.com, I relied on twitter for all this.  Twitter lacks by comparison so I'm glad to finally join here.   Yes we still pester herve. Constantly. 

BCD, welcome!

I can’t say that it’s been 100% with sailing since we launched this board, but it definitely is accomplishing what I set out to do.  You are definitely encouraged to post and comment. While I don’t actively monitor every post, I tend to hear about things when perhaps they get a little out of hand. If there’s anything I can do to help make your (or anyone’s) experience better, please let me know.

Board footera