GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/17/2021 1:06 pm  #1

Mason game 1/17/21

GW up 42-29 in 3rd quarter.

1/17/2021 1:27 pm  #2

Re: Mason game 1/17/21

GW up 53-31 in the 4th at 8:37 mark.

1/17/2021 1:48 pm  #3

Women win their 1st A-10 game 67-47.    Major difference between the two teams - GW had only 5 TOs while GMU had 20.  I assume Jasmine Whitney is the major difference in GW's TO numbers.  Far cry from previous years when 20+ TOs was not unusual.  

1/17/2021 2:03 pm  #4

Good all around game by Brigham and Luma. In the last three games, TOs have been Dayton (8), Richmond (6), and today (5). One of the reasons is that they are playing the half court offense a tick slower, resulting in fewer bad interior passes and cleaner looks at the basket. They seem to be getting into a good offensive rhythm, but need to hit more shots. Still only 4-19 from beyond the arc today.

Next up (VCU) is going to be a challenge.

Couldn't help but notice that Loder and Brown were relegated to garbage time minutes, but Nikitinaite and Zambrotta had nice games today. Also, Taiwo's injury looked serious (hopefully just ankle sprain), but she had to be airlifted into the locker room.

1/17/2021 7:42 pm  #5

Really nice effort today by WBB even if Mason is probably the worst team in the league. Defense stellar as usual although we lost Korpinen open a few times in the game. Finding Ali down low and Neila for elbow jumpers are definitely good plays for the team offensively. Although Caranda was just 2-7, I think she can emerge as a third option shooting the ball. The play where we swung the ball around the perimeter and found her open for three might have been the best play of the year.

Nice to see Gabby and Sydney find their shot some. Tough to see Maddie, Faith, and Essence only come into the game late, but I think the current rotation gives us the most success offensively. Shooting from deep will remain a concern for the rest of the year, but I think the current freshman class + Neila is a good foundation next year. Just need to put some shooters around them, and maybe the incoming class can help out there.

Hope Mayowa is okay. Thought originally it was just a minor ankle sprain, but seeing her being assisted off the court made it look a bit more serious.

Board footera