GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/18/2022 5:06 pm  #1

Recruit: Trey Autry, Guard, 2023 - Offered

Trey Autry
Year: 2023
Position: PG
Height: 6-3
Hometown: Syracuse, NY
High School: Western Reserve Academy (Hudson, OH)
AAU Team: Albany City Rocks (NY)

Offers: Bryant, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Florida International, Fordham, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nebraska, Rhode Island, Siena, St. Joe's, Towson, UC Santa Barbara, UMBC

Links
247Sports (Profile)
247Sports (May article)
247Sports (June article)
Hudl
MaxPreps
On3
The Season Ticket
Twitter Account
Verbal Commits

GW Offer Tweet

Last edited by dmvpiranha (7/12/2022 6:31 pm)

7/28/2022 5:28 pm  #2

Re: Recruit: Trey Autry, Guard, 2023 - Offered

Autry is visting URI mid-week before coming to DC over the weekend.

Endless Motor Sports @endless_motor 12m
2023 Trey Autry of City Rocks EYBL + Western Reserve Academy will take an official visit to George Washington this weekend.
6’3 shotmaker with a developed frame is a priority prospect for GW Head Coach Chris Caputo.

7/29/2022 8:24 am  #3

I bet good money that he ends up at Syracuse (if not now, as a transfer).  His old man is Adrian Autry, former SU point guard and current assistant coach.  He’s actually one of the top names rumored to take over for Boehiem when he retires (or dies on the court).  Would not surprise me at all if he ends playing for his dad.

7/29/2022 11:25 am  #4

porter71 wrote:

I bet good money that he ends up at Syracuse (if not now, as a transfer). His old man is Adrian Autry, former SU point guard and current assistant coach. He’s actually one of the top names rumored to take over for Boehiem when he retires (or dies on the court). Would not surprise me at all if he ends playing for his dad.

You never know, they could decide to fire Boehiem and hire Billy Lange.

8/05/2022 8:38 pm  #5

8/07/2022 2:53 pm  #6

Thank you for posting this GW509.  I usually don't look at the recurits except to take an occasional peek as to who our competition is however glad I looked further here, as I don't believe I had ever seen a statement by a recruit as to his visit to GW other than to say generic complimentary things about the school and the visit.   I found Trey's statement interesting:

“GW is graduating some guys so there is great opportunity for me to come in, compete, play and contribute. They really focused on an overall plan that will help me to develop my game in specific areas.”

Board footera