GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/18/2022 5:06 pm  #1

Recruit: Trey Autry, Guard, 2023 - Committed to GW!!

Trey Autry
Year: 2023
Position: PG
Height: 6-3
Hometown: Jamesville, NY
High School: Western Reserve Academy (Hudson, OH)
AAU Team: Albany City Rocks (NY)

Offers: Bryant, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Florida International, Fordham, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nebraska, Rhode Island, Siena, St. Joe's, Towson, UC Santa Barbara, UMBC

Links
247Sports (Profile)
247Sports (May article)
247Sports (June article)
Hudl
MaxPreps
On3
Rivals
The Season Ticket
Twitter Account
Verbal Commits

GW Offer Tweet

Last edited by dmvpiranha (10/17/2022 10:11 am)

7/28/2022 5:28 pm  #2

Re: Recruit: Trey Autry, Guard, 2023 - Committed to GW!!

Autry is visting URI mid-week before coming to DC over the weekend.

Endless Motor Sports @endless_motor 12m
2023 Trey Autry of City Rocks EYBL + Western Reserve Academy will take an official visit to George Washington this weekend.
6’3 shotmaker with a developed frame is a priority prospect for GW Head Coach Chris Caputo.

7/29/2022 8:24 am  #3

I bet good money that he ends up at Syracuse (if not now, as a transfer).  His old man is Adrian Autry, former SU point guard and current assistant coach.  He’s actually one of the top names rumored to take over for Boehiem when he retires (or dies on the court).  Would not surprise me at all if he ends playing for his dad.

7/29/2022 11:25 am  #4

porter71 wrote:

I bet good money that he ends up at Syracuse (if not now, as a transfer). His old man is Adrian Autry, former SU point guard and current assistant coach. He’s actually one of the top names rumored to take over for Boehiem when he retires (or dies on the court). Would not surprise me at all if he ends playing for his dad.

You never know, they could decide to fire Boehiem and hire Billy Lange.

8/05/2022 8:38 pm  #5

8/07/2022 2:53 pm  #6

Thank you for posting this GW509.  I usually don't look at the recurits except to take an occasional peek as to who our competition is however glad I looked further here, as I don't believe I had ever seen a statement by a recruit as to his visit to GW other than to say generic complimentary things about the school and the visit.   I found Trey's statement interesting:

“GW is graduating some guys so there is great opportunity for me to come in, compete, play and contribute. They really focused on an overall plan that will help me to develop my game in specific areas.”

9/06/2022 9:50 am  #7

Three star SG Trey Autry talks schools involved

ByDUSHAWN LONDON 21 minutes ago

Western Academy Reserve senior Trey Autry is being prioritized by three schools as he starts to evaluate his options. The 6-foot-3, 180 pound shooting guard is being prioritized by Cincinnati, Rhode Island and George Washington.

“I’ve taken two visits, I’ve set up a third one and I think I’m going to take a second one to one of the schools I’ve gone to,” he said. “So far I’ve visited Rhode Island and George Washington and set up a visit to Cincinatti.

While Autry is the son of Syracuse associate head coach Adrian Autry, he will not be considering the Orange moving forward.

“I’m not considering Syracuse,” Autry said. “My Dad told me to be my own person. He went here and was great here but it’s about paving your own path.”

Autry spoke on schools involved with 247Sports.

Rhode Island: “It was pretty good I like coach Miller and coach Kenny Johnson who’s recruiting me. They talk about how I can come in have the opportunity to play, get better, get a good team going and get some wins.”

George Washington: “I like the whole coaching staff and had a nice visit. They’re losing a lot of guys and talk about the opportunity to play and make an impact over there.”

Cincinnati: “I like coach Roberts and coach Wes Miller. Obviously I’m going out there to see what’s everything like but it’s been good so far.”

As of right now there is no direct timeline for a decision and Autry is focused on working on his game and senior season.

“Only time will tell when I make my decision,” he said. “I want to be able to focus on my senior season so it’ll be nice to know where I want to go so we’ll see

“This year I’m focusing on getting in better shape, getting more athletic, explosive, improved handle, reading, and shooting off the dribble. Its just touching on everything to become a complete player.”

Last edited by Florida Colonial (9/06/2022 9:51 am)

9/09/2022 11:59 am  #8

Adam Zagoria

@AdamZagoria
·
1h
George washington and Cincinnati are coming to an open gym today for Class of 2023 
@trey_autry
Quote Tweet

Adam Zagoria

@AdamZagoria
 · 
Aug 22
Class of 23 G @trey_autry will take an official to @uofcincy 9/16-18

Visited @RhodyMBB and @GW_MBB over the summer twitter.com/Rkeepers585/st…

Last edited by Florida Colonial (9/09/2022 11:59 am)

10/14/2022 7:02 pm  #9

Trey posted this to Instagram 🤔

10/15/2022 4:42 pm  #10

GW0509 wrote:

Trey posted this to Instagram 🤔

This looks to be great news!

10/15/2022 10:17 pm  #11

Looks great!

10/17/2022 10:03 am  #12

10/17/2022 10:05 am  #13

10/17/2022 10:29 am  #14

If he is anything like his father, this is an awesome get.

10/17/2022 10:39 am  #15

I don't have an account but apparently there is a commitment video here: Trey Autry, former J-D standout and son of Syracuse basketball assistant, makes college decision - syracuse.com

10/17/2022 10:51 am  #16

Very exciting news.  Had high major interest according to Jon Rothstein.  Cincinnati was very involved, as was Nebraska and perhaps to a lesser extent Maryland.  St. Joe's, URI, UMASS and Fordham were all in the mix as well.  Looks like a great fit all the way around.

Congrats to CC and staff, and welcome Trey.  Someone had to be first for next season so a huge thank you to Trey.  Hoping this opens up the floodgates.

10/17/2022 10:54 am  #17

GW0509 wrote:

I don't have an account but apparently there is a commitment video here: Trey Autry, former J-D standout and son of Syracuse basketball assistant, makes college decision - syracuse.com

This is what I saw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtfFM8tf5GA

10/17/2022 11:23 am  #18

OK, this is very good news. This was the first of the two I alluded to last week. There is another who hopefully will commit very soon  - no known issues just that these things don't always happen on schedule. I will say this ... with Trey and the other likely commit, our back court will hopefully be solidified for several years.

CC just needed to get one and I think the dam is going to break moving forward. 

Last edited by GWRising (10/17/2022 11:24 am)

10/17/2022 11:38 am  #19

Welcome Trey....the beginning of a new chapter in GW hoops.  Best of luck on and off the court.  

10/17/2022 12:15 pm  #20

A good recruit with a nice shooting touch in the highlights.
Lot of potential here. A respected coach's son. Trey seems to have a good work ethic.
 His commitment announcement was very humble and thankful. Also showing a lot of 
character, he wants to blaze his own trail, not play for his father (though we very are glad his Dad's there for advice).
     That shows a lot about Trey's character. And it means that his whole college experience will be very special for him.
     Coach CC has the experience and ability to get some more sought after teammates to meet our numerous openings and playing time for next year and the future.
    Congrats and welcome to the GW family to Trey and his family! Look forward to a great future.

Board footera