GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/16/2019 3:21 pm  #1

Best way to stream games?

Hey guys, I sadly moved away from DC, which means I can't catch the team in person and less commonly on TV. Are there good options you've used before for streaming the games online?

9/16/2019 3:24 pm  #2

Re: Best way to stream games?

ESPN+

9/16/2019 3:25 pm  #3

ESPN+ gets you access to all A-10 games and all GW home non-conf games I believe. Not a bad deal for about $5 a month. Can get your through the whole season for about $20-$25

9/16/2019 6:08 pm  #4

Alas, outside of the USA the ESPN+ option is not available or only available with limited GW/A10 games. You could try a VPN to mimic a US ISP address, but in most places that will slow your connection down to the point of not being able to stream. There are pirate sites that offer the men´s games and a few women´s ones, although you need to have your anitvirus software up to date and clean out cookies regularly,

9/16/2019 7:12 pm  #5

I can second ESPN+. Beware! The production values are often not as good as an RSN much less a major network.

9/16/2019 7:55 pm  #6

Awesome, thanks guys.

9/16/2019 8:42 pm  #7

I have one additional recommendation...  for games not on ESPN+ or national TV: Make a visit to the opponent's website and view their schedule. On most occasions, I've found a link to live streaming on their sites, and most of them are free.  I live outside the DC area, but I've missed very few games over the past several years

Last edited by xAC (9/17/2019 6:55 am)

9/17/2019 1:27 pm  #8

Every home game that isn't on network tv will be on ESPN+. The South Carolina game will more than likely be on SEC Network. Only Towson, Vermont, and Bahamas Tournament are questionable about where it can be seen. 

9/18/2019 10:10 am  #9

Reddit also streams are games sometimes.

Board footera