GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/01/2020 5:30 pm  #1

Anyone able to report on the Va Tech Game?

The Turkeys are a mess with information and I don't have access to te game video.

12/01/2020 5:32 pm  #2

Re: Anyone able to report on the Va Tech Game?

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401264573

playing an ACC school means ESPN's box score is actually up to date

12/01/2020 5:47 pm  #3

They are posting it now, thanks GW18... Back to making Mushroom Red Sauce. They are getting murdered from 3. For BC, Taiwo is 1 for 6 in the first half from the line. No biggy, GW Women would still be down by Two TDs and a field goal at the half.

The good news is that when the women suck,then the men usually play well.

Last edited by russianthistle (12/01/2020 5:56 pm)

12/01/2020 6:04 pm  #4

Brigham looks very good (offensively at least).

12/01/2020 6:06 pm  #5

Just sat down again. I see that at 5:36 of 3rd, Luma has 4 fouls and has done nothing

Last edited by russianthistle (12/01/2020 6:07 pm)

12/01/2020 7:09 pm  #6

This was a total beat down. VT took a quick 13-0 lead and never looked back. I don't think they'll have many games where they shoot this well (56%) and make 14 more 3's than their opponent (VT made 16 to GW's 2). When you get behind, it's hard to make a comeback without a 3 pt game. Luma was taken out of the game early, but unfortunately it was by her own team. During the initial 13-0 run, we didn't get her involved and others ended taking a lot of bad shots and missing one layup after another. VT has damn good shooters down their whole bench. and with a big lead, they shot without feeling any pressure.

On the bright side, it was a somewhat clean game for the PGs (0 TOs for Whitney and Gingras) and only 8 in total for the team. Everyone had ups and downs in this game, and we got to see Perea in some meaningful minutes, and it looks like she has some potential to get more minutes this season.

Bottom line is you can't trade 2 pointers for 3's all night and expect to win. Odds weren't great anyway, as this was VT's 58th consecutive OC home win in a row.

Last edited by xAC (12/02/2020 8:30 am)

12/01/2020 11:27 pm  #7

Despite losing big in this one, the thing that impressed me most is you would never have known it by the performance and reaction of the GW players. This team played hard all 40 minutes but were just clearly outmatched. I also was appreciative of the coaching. I have been disappointed in previous beatdowns with Coach Rizzotti, but I felt GW threw a ton of wrinkles/things at VT today but they just couldn't miss and were just outmatched/performed. There is also a lot of young talent on this squad and that if nurtured correctly could put us at the top of the A10 in a year or two.

Board footera